Players you like and dislike in 2005 an WHY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garp

Jul 5, 2004
Here
Please don't turn this thread into a flamming war.

Like:

Bourret: I love these hardworking players!
Stall: He could become a really good all around Dman
Bourdon : See Stall

Dislike

Zagrapan : the 3 or 4 times I saw him, I thought he was floating. He wasn't working really hard for his goals.

Ryan : He reminds me a lot all the big and slow guys the Habs drafted in the 90's (Matt Higgins and co) I think that he has all the tools (besides skating), but I'm not conviced He can overcome his lack of speed. I hope he'll prove me wrong!

balddog66

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Like I've said before, when you have the natural talent that Ryan seems to have...skating isn't an issue...never was for Lemieux, Andreychuk, Robitaille or Gretzky...all of whom were critisized for poor skating.

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
Garp said:

Dislike

Zagrapan : the 3 or 4 times I saw him, I thought he was floating. He wasn't working really hard for his goals.

While I'm a Sagueneens fan, I partly agree with you. Zagrapan needs to work harder (a lot harder) if he wants to play at the next level. Sure, his talents will get him through Major Junior, but he will have to be more implicated into the play if he wants to be successful in the AHL/NHL. Having said that, he doesn't really float, he backchecks and all, but he shouldn't just let his teammates get the puck for him as much as he does.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Rahan said:
While I'm a Sagueneens fan, I partly agree with you. Zagrapan needs to work harder (a lot harder) if he wants to play at the next level. Sure, his talents will get him through Major Junior, but he will have to be more implicated into the play if he wants to be successful in the AHL/NHL. Having said that, he doesn't really float, he backchecks and all, but he shouldn't just let his teammates get the puck for him as much as he does.

I think you're more or less dead on. It's not as much that he's a floater who doesn't put forth any effort, but he just needs to be more assertive, even offensively.

A Good Flying Bird*

USA: Johnson, Skille, Stoa, Mercier, Frazee

Swe: Hjalmarsson, Fredrik Petersson,

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Garp said:

Like:

Bourret: I love these hardworking players!
Stall: He could become a really good all around Dman
Bourdon : See Stall

Dislike

Ryan : He reminds me a lot all the big and slow guys the Habs drafted in the 90's (Matt Higgins and co) I think that he has all the tools (besides skating), but I'm not conviced He can overcome his lack of speed. I hope he'll prove me wrong!
I only got to see Bourret live just once this year and didn't think he
was hardworking.Actually thought he floated abit.

It Kills Me

Aug 6, 2004
Marc Staal : I hate when guys get hyped or even considered like this guy because of his brother.

Sticky*

Skittles.TML said:
Marc Staal : I hate when guys get hyped or even considered like this guy because of his brother.

I take it you've never seen him play. He has proven himself enough to not be compared with his brother (even though they are different positions).

He is without a doubt the most reliable defenseman in this years draft. JJ may have more upside, but in terms of defensive ability, this kid does not get beat one-on-one. Will be on the WJC team next year.

BORAT

Feb 8, 2005
Kazakhstan
When I watch Zagrappan,

sometimes I feel like I,m looking at Eric Chouinard, but at other times he makes me think alot of Gaborik.

guys I love watching : Pouliot, Bourret.
guys I dislike watching : Carey Price ( I h8 Tri City), Latendresse ( Just plain weak at times)

Block

Feb 14, 2005
Dislike:
Crosby - Why? simply cause I'm sick of hearing about how he's going to be the next Gretzky. I'm always skeptical when a player recieves "The next one" tag because none of them have lived up to it. Daigle, Lecavalier, Lindros, etc... all either end up busts or just slightly above average players.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Block said:
Dislike:
Crosby - Why? simply cause I'm sick of hearing about how he's going to be the next Gretzky. I'm always skeptical when a player recieves "The next one" tag because none of them have lived up to it. Daigle, Lecavalier, Lindros, etc... all either end up busts or just slightly above average players.

Lindros = slightly above average :shakehead

Not in my book. Seems people have very short term memories - he dominated the game until he had problems w/ concussions.

Block

Feb 14, 2005
For a career he's been slightly above average. If he'd stayed healthy he'dve been great, no Wayne Gretzky but great. Now however eight concussions later he's a waste of money, so he had 5 or 6 good maybe great years and then boom. Not nearly what he was supposed to be right?

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Like: Crosby, Brule, Bourret, Barnes, McArdle, Setoguchi, Price. All hard working players with lots of intangibles and unteachables.

Dislike: Hensick. Cocky goal grubbing hot dog.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Frenzy1 said:
Lindros = slightly above average :shakehead

Not in my book. Seems people have very short term memories - he dominated the game until he had problems w/ concussions.

I agree with you on that one...Lindros would have been up there with the best of all-time IMO if he would have stayed healthy. People also forget that we are not going to see Gretzky and Mario #s anymore right now cause of the game the way it is. Its not about the amount of points they put up, its how they dominate there era...Gordie Howe did not put up 200 point seasons or even 140 points seasons but he is one of the greatest of all time. Lindros in my book would have dominated the 90s like not too many players would have since being that big with the kind of skill and game was not really heard of then.

As for Crosby...to hate a prospect for the amount of attention he is getting shows imaturity IMO...not his fault for the attention and he is doing nothing but living up to the hype day in and day out. Pretty hard to say to hate dislike him cause of that...it is if you like him as a player or not???? Some people need to learn to stop listining to the media and start watching the players for themselves.

I think Crosby will be one of the next Great Ones...I think he will dominate his era, thing is I think he will be a better pro than Junior cause the way he sets up plays, his teammates don't evn realize half the time that the puck is comming to their stick, he sees the plays so well and alot of times his teammates whif on the puck alot or don't have their sticks down...in the NHL that would not be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad