Players who've played on relocated franchises after they've gotten their team back?

WingsFan95

Mar 22, 2008
Kanata
Okay, in case this sounds confusing.

Shane Doan was drafted by the Jets, he may well play back as a Jet next season.

My question is on players who have played on teams like the North Stars, or Atlanta Flames and then found their way back in that city, like the Wild and Calgary Flames.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
i'm not sure that has happened in recent memory, but joel quenneville played for the colorado rockies and later was an assistant coach for the avs.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Manny Fernandez was traded to the Dallas Stars right when they moved and then played for the Wild, not entirely the same. I don't think you'll find Colorado or Atlanta examples since the timeframe was so long in between the cities having teams..

WingsFan95

Mar 22, 2008
Kanata
Manny Fernandez was traded to the Dallas Stars right when they moved and then played for the Wild, not entirely the same. I don't think you'll find Colorado or Atlanta examples since the timeframe was so long in between the cities having teams..

Considering the span between The North Stars leaving Minnesota and the Wild returning was 7 years. I assumed there had to be at least one player who played on both teams, but no.

Was also thinking of the California Seals and then realized they finished in 76.

Will be nice to see Doan back in a Jets uni.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
There were barely any players who were in the NHL at the same time as the Atlanta Flames and Thrashers. I don't think anyone meets your criteria.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->