Players who were not talked about enough during their career

Bronson

Apr 5, 2007
Ron f***in' Francis. He has the fifth most points of any player ever in the NHL but never got enough cred.

Reactions: sabremike

devbouz12

Eugene's dad
Jan 15, 2012
Doesn't quite fit the bill but the caps in the early 2000's had some star power and weren't talked about like crazy.

Jagr
Bondra
Gonchar
Lang etc.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Larkin is a damn good player, dont hear much about him though since the Redwings D is ECHL quality on their best nights which makes it difficult to get the transition game going.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Dave Andreychuk. Most boring 600 goals in nhl history.

Marc Savard I always found didn’t get a lot of love. Had a stretch there where he was neck and neck with Thornton for best playmaker in the league.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Mike Ridley had 69 or more points in 6 of 12 seasons and was a premier PKer. 3 guys who weren’t talked about during their careers but when they retired it was like wow they really had great careers were Recchi, Brind Amour, and Arnott.
Ya Ridley was underrated. I thought Gustafson was another underrated player for the Capitals.

toedrag87

Jul 19, 2011
St.Louis
Retired Players
Pierre Turgeon
Vyacheslav Kozlov
Rod Brind Amour
Al MacInnis
Marc Savard
Andrew Brunette
Martin Straka

Current Players
Joe Pavelski
Ryan Suter

I came to say Turgeon. Highest scoring HOF eligible player not to be in the hall of fame #32 alltime scoring. Multiple 100+ pt seasons, had something like 130ish points one year and unless he played for your team he's probably most known for being on the receiving end of one of the cheapest shots in NHL history getting drilled a few seconds after scoring. Maybe the most underrated offensive player of all time.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
I feel like this will be Pominville when he retires

Most casual fans probably have no idea who he is but he was a pretty good player for quite awhile

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Ron ****in' Francis. He has the fifth most points of any player ever in the NHL but never got enough cred.
I wish there was a "Love" option for posts here. My all-time freaking childhood hero. Put Kevin Dineen and Sean Burke on this list as well!!!

Reactions: Bronson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad