Players who were not talked about enough during their career

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Oh, and it's crazy how little Ziggy Palffy is remembered. One of the very best scorers of the dead puck era, nearly forgotten. Over a point per game in his NHL career, despite never playing in the high flying era.
That's probably because he spent more time on the IR than on the ice.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Oh, and it's crazy how little Ziggy Palffy is remembered. One of the very best scorers of the dead puck era, nearly forgotten. Over a point per game in his NHL career, despite never playing in the high flying era.

This is my answer as well. Little quality supporting cast to boot for most of his career. In 2002-03, he got 85pts with LA in 76 games while the second scorer was Schneider at 43pts then Smolinksi with 38.

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
I remember in high school liking Jason Allison, but getting a lot of "who?" from casual fans. Sure he was slow, but he put up some really good seasons.

Reactions: DFC

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I remember in high school liking Jason Allison, but getting a lot of "who?" from casual fans. Sure he was slow, but he put up some really good seasons.

That's a really good one.

What happened to him? According to hockeydb, he retired pretty young, after a solid season. Injury?

Kanu

Coach Potato
May 10, 2016
Ron Francis never got the appreciation he deserved, given the career he's had.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
That's the one I came to mention.

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
Personally always thought Malkin deserved more love. In 2011/2012...he was freaking awesome. Will never forget how he completely destroyed the WHC.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Probably Malkin. If he played for any other team, he would be one of the most talked about players in the league.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
As a Leaf fan, I thought David Krejci did not get enough appreciation at times, even from Bruins fans and media. He's an older player now and has been banged up at times but he still contributes a lot - just the bigger names on the team tend to overshadow him.

For the Leafs, Tomas Kaberle was undervalued during most of his time here. He would fit in a lot more with the current NHL game, at that time defencemen were still viewed more as big, bruising, physical guys. If we had a Kaberle right now to replace almost any current defenceman the team could be scary. Nobody would even care that he didn't shoot enough because Matthews, Tavares, etc. would be converting all of his passes. :DD
Krejci is a good one. What a weapon in the playoffs

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
Andrew Cogliano looks like he's going to blow past 1,000 career games and put up 500+ points, and I forget he exists. For some reason I perceive him as a fringe journeyman, but he's only played for two orgs and has been a solid contributor every year.

DictatorTots427

Apr 8, 2018
Shane Doan. I only just found out he's the 92nd highest scorer of all time, ahead of Maurice Richard, Zetterberg and Lecavelier

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad