Players who were not talked about enough during their career

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
idk but a guy who fits that currently for me is Gabe Landeskog. Very good player who not many people talk about or casual fans know about.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Matt Benning.

No one seems to mention that he single-handedly owns the title for Worst Player in the NHL. Not sure why he's never talked about.

Marmoset

Apr 4, 2015
GTA
As a Leaf fan, I thought David Krejci did not get enough appreciation at times, even from Bruins fans and media. He's an older player now and has been banged up at times but he still contributes a lot - just the bigger names on the team tend to overshadow him.

For the Leafs, Tomas Kaberle was undervalued during most of his time here. He would fit in a lot more with the current NHL game, at that time defencemen were still viewed more as big, bruising, physical guys. If we had a Kaberle right now to replace almost any current defenceman the team could be scary. Nobody would even care that he didn't shoot enough because Matthews, Tavares, etc. would be converting all of his passes. :DD

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Mike Ridley had 69 or more points in 6 of 12 seasons and was a premier PKer. 3 guys who weren’t talked about during their careers but when they retired it was like wow they really had great careers were Recchi, Brind Amour, and Arnott.

Reactions: Leafidelity

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I've got to be a home..

But my picks are
Teppo Numminen - He would have been at worst second in norris voting a couple of times in the 90s had he jumped ship from Winnipeg/Phoenix earlier. Repo man was solid and had amazing offensive skills too .
Jere Lehtinen - Coaches' dream. Could've probably nabbed 30-40 goals and provided fantastic defensive play every year had he been healthy.

Reactions: Apocalypse Dude

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad