Players, who were getting worse and worse after their first [successful] NHL season

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
Finishing 2nd in goals as a rookie, only to not be even close for the next 2 seasons has to fit the bill.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Nylander is gonna score 75pts this year. He looked great against Montreal

Plus he actually improved between his first and second season. Although he scored the same amount of points, he drove play better and scored 14 more 5v5 points.

Not only that, his underlying stats were the best by far in season three, and he's looking his best overall this season so far. Guy looks like a man possessed.

Trash choice.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
And after all the **** he took on here, and continues to take, he has been the Leafs most consistent forward so far this year with 4 points in 4 games, including this beauty the other night.

Eventually, like all of these nonsense things, people will slowly stop saying it and then pretend the narrative was never that he was a bust and a cap dump, and then just move on to someone else (Like Marner after calling him the Leafs best player all summer)

It's really a chicken and egg thing with Leafs fans- they can be obnoxious/overbearing/whatever, so people troll them. I don't know/care which one happened first, but the Nylander/Matthews posts in this thread are just stupid. It's not true, people posting it know it's not true, and it's clearly not what OP was looking for. Thanks to all those who contributed nothing to this thread except tired jokes, you're really providing original chirps and elevating the discourse.

Real answer is Laine lolol got'em!

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Jimmy Carson
Sylvain Turgeon
Bobby Carpenter
I don't know about Bobby Carpenter but I'd argue over Turgeon and Carson.
But yeah, they declined after a few first great seasons. One due to an abdominal injury and the other one being traded for the Great One and having his mind into business stuff and hockey unrelated interests.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Miles Wood...

I cant even fathom how this plug scored 20. so uncoordinated, no skill, just a fast skater (also seems to have lost a step)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad