players who were draft eligible before this year

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Can anyone give me a list of players who are in this years draft who were eligible for a draft in a previous year? please and thank u

i have a list of most not all the players that were over agers in the draft
BOS Lars Volden
BUF Nathan Lieuwen
CAR Brody Sutter
CHI Klaus Dahlbeck
CHI Andrew Shaw
LA Andy Andreoff
NAS Josh Shalla
NYI John Persson
NYI Brenden Kichton
PHI Marcel Noebels
PHX Darian Dziurzynski
TBL Ondrej Palat
VAN Alexandre Grenier
VAN Henrik Tommernes

Last edited:

Defensive Forward

Aug 5, 2010
Ontario
Lars Volden from Norway was selected by the Bruins and was eligible last year.

Michael Houser from the London Knights still hasn't been selected which surprises me.

Jonathan17

Trollface!
Nov 19, 2005
Oakville
Lars Volden from Norway was selected by the Bruins and was eligible last year.

Michael Houser from the London Knights still hasn't been selected which surprises me.

Brian Ferlin taken by the Bruins in the 4th round was also eligible last year, so the Bruins took two who were eligible last year.

naihlflames

Nov 18, 2003
Detroit MI
7-205. D Alexei Marchenko, 6-2, 183, CSKA (KHL), 23-0-2-2-4
RANKING: 25 NA (CS)

The Red Wings made Marchenko their first Russian draft choice since Gennady Stolyarov in 2004. Passed over in the 2010 draft, Marchenko — a rare right-shooting blueliner, at least for the Red Wings — is mobile and physical and has put up at good offensive numbers at the junior level. http://russianjuniorleague.blogspot.com/2009/09/mhl-stars-alexei-marchenko.html

1. Alexei Marchenko, D, CSKA Moscow, Jr.

A highly touted prospect prior to the draft last year, Marchenko was passed over due to health-related issues. He had his spleen removed, but he is back on track now after having been declared fit to play the game.

"Alexei is a very smart kid with solid positioning and a knack for taking out his opponent in one-on-one situations," says one scout who has seen Marchenko several times this season. "He can play physical, especially using hip checks. He's a good overall player who uses his smarts to contribute in special ways. Marchenko skates well and possesses good hockey sense. He will be a good addition to any team, a real catch."

Another upside for this kid is his language skills. He's fluent in English, which of course makes a transition to North America much easier. This will most likely make him even more interesting to teams come draft time.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/blog...spn.go.com/nhl/blog?name=nhl_draft&id=6227235

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad