Players who played only a bit or not at all for Avs?

member 116861

Shawn Bates was also given a PTO and was released before camp broke.

A shame...really liked him on that scrappy one-and-done Isles team with Peca, Yashin, Aucoin, and Jonsson and DiPietro when they were actually healthy.

BTW I haven't checked but Chris McAllister I believe is the 2nd-tallest player in NHL history. He was also one of the worst. He played for the Avs for around 48 games.

If anyone would like to look up Francois Lerroux feel free. He gets my vote as worst player to ever don an Avs jersey.

My least favorite Avs player though would be Bates Battaglia. I was irked when he won The Amazing Race, especially since I went to school with one of the "Roller Derby Moms" (they finished third for anyone who cares).

I absolutely hated that Battaglia/Vrbata trade.

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Shawn Bates was also given a PTO and was released before camp broke.

After giving this some thinking, I don't think he counts. I mean, sure you can invite someone to your camp, but I think you can invite everyone there. Everyone can invite you too. It doesn't mean you have to go, it doesn't mean you have a contract, it doesn't mean you are bound to that team.

I'd say this is pretty much same than being in contract talks with someone. It says both parties are interested, but it doesn't say either agrees to anything.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
After giving this some thinking, I don't think he counts. I mean, sure you can invite someone to your camp, but I think you can invite everyone there. Everyone can invite you too. It doesn't mean you have to go, it doesn't mean you have a contract, it doesn't mean you are bound to that team.

I'd say this is pretty much same than being in contract talks with someone. It says both parties are interested, but it doesn't say either agrees to anything.

Gotcha. I agree.

maxim84

Oct 19, 2013
Zagreb
Just did a little browsing through your collection and saw you have Brian Willsie in Medvescak jersey from last year...how did you get that card ( i am interested in buying medvescak cards but have no idea where to look for them, in croatia this type of hobby is not really popular)

Edit: aaron palushaj played 25 games for medvescak this season and signed a better contract with Avtomobilist few days ago

Edit no.2 here is one that might be interesting for you Joel Prpic 3 games for the Avalanche

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=44608

Last edited:

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Rick Berry?

Played 76 total games for the Avs after being drafted in 1997, totaled 4 assists.

He played 57 games without a point for the Avs in 01-02. Has anyone ever played more games in a season without a point for the Avs?

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Updated the opener.

Lance Pitlick mofos

Could you describe what is/was his relationship to Avalanche? Would definitely count.

Just did a little browsing through your collection and saw you have Brian Willsie in Medvescak jersey from last year...how did you get that card ( i am interested in buying medvescak cards but have no idea where to look for them, in croatia this type of hobby is not really popular)

Edit: aaron palushaj played 25 games for medvescak this season and signed a better contract with Avtomobilist few days ago

Edit no.2 here is one that might be interesting for you Joel Prpic 3 games for the Avalanche

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=44608

Oh you mean this one: http://koti.kapsi.fi/~jflurrie/Card...013-14 Topps KHL Stars #105 Brian Willsie.png

I think they were widely sold here in Finland in kiosks and I would believe I'd be able to find one of them for you.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Not sure if it was mentioned already or not, but Vincent Damphousse signed a contract with us and then I believe the lockout happened and he never played a game for Colorado.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Not sure if it was mentioned already or not, but Vincent Damphousse signed a contract with us and then I believe the lockout happened and he never played a game for Colorado.

I was actually really bummed out about that too. I always like Damphousse even if he was at the point of retirement I would've enjoyed seeing him wear the AVs sweater for a few games. He would've sucked thought after the lockout. I think at his age, the speed of the game with the elimination of the redline and obstruction would've passed him by. He was like 37 or something when he signed with us. You don't see many players that age in the new NHL.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Lacroix really started losing his marbles near the end. Made some absolutely horrendous trades.

He at least gets points thought for parlaying two failures (Johansson and Battaglia) into a huge win (Konowalchuk). Kono didn't play for the Avs for as long as we all would've liked but he was a hell of a player.

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland

Yeah, he's in the opener. Was Avs player for the whole 2004-05 season so it's not any technicality. Sure, there was no games that season, but still.

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Per Ledin and Jaroslav Hlinka

Ledin added. I actually thought I had him already. Hlinka played an entire season with Avs, 63 games. He also scored 28 points so I'd say he wasn't with Avs with "very limited ice time". Interesting that 28 points in 63 games wasn't enough for another NHL contract.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad