Players who have struggled with no fans

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I don’t think it is an excuse. I think it feels like a scrimmage to a lot of players. It seems like all of our Habs games have the crowd noises turned to a minimum, and there are times where the away team scores where it just sounds like a morgue. I imagine its much tougher for professionals to get the juices going or any momentum in that kind of atmosphere.
I think we're really underestimating these guys if we think guys who have worked their asses off their whole lives to be where they are can't get motivated just because there are no fans.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I think we're really underestimating these guys if we think guys who have worked their asses off their whole lives to be where they are can't get motivated just because there are no fans.

Im sure it doesn’t effect some. But that doesn’t change the fact that it effects different players different ways. The sheer bizarreness of the entire situation alone is enough to change the mentality of a person.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Couldn't help yourself eh. Did this make you feel good?
He’s still wiping the tears away from the standing ovation the Leafs gave their captain after returning home from the grueling trip to NY.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Couldn't help yourself eh. Did this make you feel good?

Dude, it’s a message board...don’t get so worked up.

I could have mentioned the Sens who had worse attendance than both of them but I didn’t!

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I don't buy this "no fans" theory. These are pros who get paid millions. having no crowd is not an excuse not to perform.

I cant believe people are buying this bullcrap

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
This is a good question, it helps explain why the Islanders and Panthers are doing well, they're used to playing in-front of no fans.

52a60114ed62255e-.gif

Reactions: DickSmehlik

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Dude, it’s a message board...don’t get so worked up.

I could have mentioned the Sens who had worse attendance than both of them but I didn’t!
Pathetic. Can you even afford to go to leaf games? Or sens games for that matter.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Kassian is a prime example. He really feeds off the energy in the building

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Feels like we missed an opportunity for an Onlyfans joke here.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Domi and Kassian I think, although Domi's level of suck is far beyond that at this point.

I would disagree. I think you're overestimating how much enthusiasm a player can generate just from being a hard-working professional. They can be self-motivated, but not to the extreme degree needed for some of them to make the bodily sacrifices that their careers have been built on.

I’m sure it effects every player to some degree. It definitely takes some of the emotion out of the games without a doubt. Whether it’s an excuse to play poorly while making millions is another topic.

It doesn't excuse, it explains. The players are responsible for their play regardless.

I don't know why so many people confuse reasons with excuses.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
I feel like Tkachuk’s ability to agitate isn’t as effective without fans

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->