Players Turning Pro (2016)

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Signings slow down about now, so haven't been posting daily, but have maintained updates when needed.

Added Santini, Wood, Roy, Wilson, Miller, and Doherty since last post

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Added Toews, Anas, Louis-Seize, and Wells.

Louis-Seize is the first signing in Austalia, and Well is the first signing out of CCAA (Canadian Collegiate Athletic Association), and the first in France (FFHG Div. 1).

SnipeShow91

Aug 9, 2010
How did he get out of his military commitment? I thought RMC grads became officers in the Canadian Armed Forces for a certain number of years.

Eric was a military reservist. He already did his 4 years of weekend warrior duty and was able to leave the forces.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Since last update, have added:

Cooper, Witek, Lorcher, Gerbrandt, LaDue, Johnson, Garteig, Blanchard, Talbot, Engler, Caggiula, and Birkhoff.

May be worth noting that Engler had previously played 3 games on loan in the Swiss third league, and that Birkhoff is joining the 4th tier Swedish men's league - not entirely pro, or notable. But I left both on the list anyway.

Mrpm

Jan 4, 2013
Austin Farley just signed a one-year deal with Modo in Swedens tier 2, Allsvenskan. Could anyone fill me in on him? What type of player is he? Strengths?

Edges7*

Feb 25, 2010
MA
Austin Farley just signed a one-year deal with Modo in Swedens tier 2, Allsvenskan. Could anyone fill me in on him? What type of player is he? Strengths?

Darter...nice shot...uses teammates well...can see him thriving on the big ice...not a three zone player...did an ATO stint in the AHL and was not picked up. Signed ECHL deal with Reading and performed well for them. Frankly, his downside issues are size and physical strength.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Rumour is Colin Blackwell signed with the Sharks or (AHL Barracudas) back in August. No confirmation, but he was invited to Sharks camp at least, so I included that. Will update if the August contract proves true.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
There's been no news of Wichita signing former Minnesota Wild draftee John Draeger (formerly of Michigan State), but ECHL has him listed as being suspended by Wichita...

Any one know if he turned pro?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad