Players to watch in 2018-19

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

ding-ding-ding-ibbu0j.jpg

Reactions: OldCraig71 and the

Tourist

Nov 26, 2014
Hudon: I like his game. I think he can be a good contributor with more health and play time.

Scherbak: I used to think he was a bust but the more I watched him the more I appreciated his different skillset. Intriguing player. Still not convinced he has it in him to be a good, consistent NHLer but I'll be rooting for him.

Drouin and Domi: Really like the skills they possess. They're still young and learning: there's still hope that they mature and bounce back from a relatively poor season.

Lehkonen and Armia: I like their intensity and believe they have enough skill to be good middle 6 contributors. Would be nice if they found consistency in their game and stuck around for when Kotkaniemi makes the team.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Scherbak if he's still here as someone is getting traded as we have too many wingers.

Hudon, Lehkonen, Reilly, Peca, Vejdemo, Evans and I assume Fleury is in Laval so him too.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
Why not use Hudon as the #1 center and put Drouin on the wing?? You have nothing to lose, you just can win a #2c in Hudon in the long way. Hudon is so much more a center than Drouin

x-bob

Jul 9, 2004
Montreal
On a team where several of the most exciting and talented players have been jettisoned, you come up with a list of 10 players? How about 20 while you're at it.

Nothing to see here. Team needs an overhaul. More power to you if you enjoy following this sad sack collection.
puke.gif

Well it says a lot about the talent pool on the team when Joel Armia is 5th. Don’t get me wrong, I’m also looking forward to seeing what Armia could bring but... it’s Joel $&@&ing Armia!

Reactions: Runner77

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
On a team where several of the most exciting and talented players have been jettisoned, you come up with a list of 10 players? How about 20 while you're at it.

Nothing to see here. Team needs an overhaul. More power to you if you enjoy following this sad sack collection.
puke.gif

You certainly sound like a bandwagon habs fan...

It's alright to hate the GM, but to spit on the remaining players and youth is useless

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Curious to see what Domi can do.

I haven't given up on Drouin yet. Most people already want him gone but I'm still holding out hope for him.

I think Hudon is a good bet for the breakout player this season.

Hoping Gallagher can repeat last season.

Also curious to see what Peca and Armia can do if they are given a bigger role than their previous clubs.

And lastly...Carey Price. So much has gone on around him over the last year, I don't know what we're going to see.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Looking forward to the youth movement.

1. How will Domi and Armia play with their new team?

2. How much better can Drouin, Lehkonen, Hudon, Scherbak, Mete, Juulsen, Reilly be?

3. How does the team in Laval do with a new coach and various new players. Can Bouchard turn the culture around in his 1st season.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I guess we have to look at this year, with an eye on next year...that being said we have a couple of additions that I am curious to see how they play with the Habs...

Domi
Armia
On D, I hope Juulssen has a good season, and the development continues.

The performances of Bouchard, and Ducherme might be as important as any.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Well it says a lot about the talent pool on the team when Joel Armia is 5th. Don’t get me wrong, I’m also looking forward to seeing what Armia could bring but... it’s Joel $&@&ing Armia!

Could of said the same towards Leclair when the Flyers acquired him. I really like Armia a lot. We picked him up at the perfect age IMO. This guy might only score 40 pts +/- but his size and compete level is key. Not sure where we play him but I think he helps other players reach their potential.

15-20 goals with 20-25 assists. I know a lot of people don't want him on the 1st line but we really have 4 #3 lines that will be used in various ways and ice times will be averaged out. Whoever gets PP time will get the extra ice time.

Make fun of it if you wish but this is what I would try once we have a healthy roster and Patch is traded. Roll all 4 lines and use the Pleky line against the other teams best.

Lehkonen / Drouin / Armia
Domi / Danault / Scherbak
Byron / Pleky / Gallagher
Hudon / DLR / Shaw

Deslauriers, Peca

Last edited:

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Could of said the same towards Leclair when the Flyers acquired him. I really like Armia a lot. We picked him up at the perfect age IMO. This guy might only score 40 pts +/- but his size and compete level is key. Not sure where we play him but I think he helps other players reach their potential.

15-20 goals with 20-25 assists. I know a lot of people don't want him on the 1st line but we really have 4 #3 lines that will be used in various ways and ice times will be averaged out. Whoever gets PP time will get the extra ice time.

Make fun of it if you wish but this is what I would try once we have a healthy roster and Patch is traded. Roll all 4 lines and use the Pleky line against the other teams best.

Lehkonen / Drouin / Armia
Domi / Danault / Scherbak
Byron / Pleky / Gallagher
Hudon / DLR / Shaw

Deslauriers, Peca

The thing that frustrates me the most when looking at the Habs lineup is that I like our wing depth (even without Pacioretty). All our wingers have the ability to chip in anywhere between 10-30 goals each (depends on the player) but our center depth is just painful to look at. If we can get a top 6 center back for Pacioretty then our forward group would be quite competent.

The defense is another story though.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
You certainly sound like a bandwagon habs fan...

It's alright to hate the GM, but to spit on the remaining players and youth is useless

Yeah, bandwagon my ass. I've been following this team since I was a kid. Who is "spitting" on anyone -- the GM gutted the team of its best elements and most exciting players. And is about to jettison Pacioretty for who knows what.

You want to get your thrills watching the likes of Armia and Domi? Good for you. Someone's been guzzling pre-market cases of that new Molson beer laced with marijuana.

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
Yeah, bandwagon my ass. I've been following this team since I was a kid. Who is "spitting" on anyone -- the GM gutted the team of its best elements and most exciting players. And is about to jettison Pacioretty for who knows what.

You want to get your thrills watching the likes of Armia and Domi? Good for you. Someone's been guzzling pre-market cases of that new Molson beer laced with marijuana.

Like I said, either you grumble eternally against the GM and owner, or either you take it easy and try to enjoy the new (underwhelming I agree) group of guys while drinking a good old Labatt 50.

Having seen the impressive run of Vegas' scrubs last season, the habs could surprise this year, who knows.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Scherbak, Mete, Juulsen. Gallagher I guess?

This, plus Hudon, Lehkonen, Domi, and Drouin. Gotta hope Domi and Drouin can take their games to another level and be part of a good young core. And I'm interested to see what Armia can do.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
This, plus Hudon, Lehkonen, Domi, and Drouin. Gotta hope Domi and Drouin can take their games to another level and be part of a good young core. And I'm interested to see what Armia can do.

Maybe one top line forward out of that. God that is depressing despite the glut of middle sixers on this team.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Like I said, either you grumble eternally against the GM and owner, or either you take it easy and try to enjoy the new (underwhelming I agree) group of guys while drinking a good old Labatt 50.

Having seen the impressive run of Vegas' scrubs last season, the habs could surprise this year, who knows.

"Who knows" is endorsing the GM's "anything can happen" line. We've already seen that movie.

I don't know that I'm "grumbling", it's just pro sports. This is not worth getting aggravated over. It's OK to have a difference of opinion and you don't need to bash someone just cause they don't think like you do.

I've mentioned in other posts that I'm not sacking the team per se -- there is a silver lining with Ducharme and Bouchard and some prospects. But most if not all of these prospects won't see time as Habs this upcoming season. And I'm not at all sold on Domi -- would like to be proven wrong, obviously.

For the first time in a long time, there isn't enough for me to look forward to at the NHL level this year. I miss Subban, Radulov and Galchenyuk. And none of the remaining players make up for everything they brought. Just my take.

Reactions: Captain Wolverine

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Are they getting traded? If so there might be hope for them.

Eh, Julien's got flaws, but he was willing to give young guys a shot with ice-time and situations.

Hudon was pretty good, apart from the fact that he has some awful puck luck with his shot. I don't think he's got one of the worst shots in the NHL, so I'm optimistic that he'll produce more next season. Lehkonen is kind of in the same boat, except no one was finishing around him either.

None of it will matter if the Habs can't start forcing goalies to move around more (which Domi might help with, although he'd be playing with, at most, one of Lehkonen and Hudon), but they're who I'm watching among the forwards next season.

Those are also the two guys I think would look significantly better with a strong center.

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->