Players the Isles Should Target

Status
Not open for further replies.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Rob Scuderi (LA), good depth dman, grew up on LI, would bring leadership and experience. Maybe we can get Oscar Moller too, someone had interest in him, not sure of it was this thread?

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
I wonder if Garth would sign Patrick Thoeresen? He wasn't half bad as a depth player in his first stint in the NHL.

He just tore apart the KHL (finshing second in scoring behind only Radulov) and appears to really want to give it another shot in North America.

Last edited:

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
Rob Scuderi (LA), good depth dman, grew up on LI, would bring leadership and experience.

1) NYI have the exact same type of guy already in Eaton, 2) you can get comparable players in the free agent market without giving up assets, 3) LA has no reason to move him unless they get bowled over by an offer.

GarfSnowed

May 1, 2011
I wonder if Garth would sign Patrick Thoeresen? He wasn't half bad as a depth player in his first stint on Long Island.

He just tore apart the KHL (finshing second in scoring behind only Radulov) and appears to really want to give it another shot in North America.
as i posted on the patrick thoreson thread in the Trade Rumors Forum, do u really want a guy who looks lazy and could start a drum circle :laugh: :
Patrick_Thoresen.JPG

Paulinho

No Man's Sky
Jun 8, 2003
Earth
if we bought him out we would have to pay 1.5 mil a yr until the end of the 2030-2031 season

Not ideal but our other choice is worse. We can keep him & pay him 4.5 mill a year until 2021 and watch him play 15-30 games a year while posting a 3.80 goals against average.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
if we bought him out we would have to pay 1.5 mil a yr until the end of the 2030-2031 season

I would rather do that than watch him on this team, him being here for ten more years will hurt more than 1.5 mil a year for 20 years. You don't agree.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Is Ian White a UFA? He's a right handed shot and would play well with Streit.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
One possibility is to sign Mike Rupp to replace Konopka (I'd like to see him signed but if it hasn't happened yet it will likely not happen until he has tested the FA waters). Haley centering Rupp and Martin would be a terrific upgrade to that line.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I would like to see Jason Arnott, other than that stick to the rebuild.

If the Isles were to draft Couturier, Arnott would be an excellent mentor. Both are big, up the middle guys, who are productive in each zone.

but where do we place arnott?

moulson-tavares-parenteau
grabner-nielsen-okposo
comeau-bailey-niedereitter

only bailey and comeau arent signed.

twentytwo

Jun 23, 2008
If the rumors are true, sign Drury after NYR buys him out. Veteran leadership. Excellent defensively. Fallen off in the offense/health category. But an excellent face-off man for the fourth line. At this point I'm not sure if Z is being brought back.

If we could get Drury on the cheap what do you guys think?

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
If the rumors are true, sign Drury after NYR buys him out. Veteran leadership. Excellent defensively. Fallen off in the offense/health category. But an excellent face-off man for the fourth line. At this point I'm not sure if Z is being brought back.

I like that, he hasn't been healthy, if we were to get him I think he can score 20 goals even with 4th line mins, maybe little PK and PP.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Something a little more off the wall...

What do you guys think of drafting Oleksiak this year? This guy could be another Chara in the making! 6'7" 240. BIG boy

Also..lets tlak Palffy in coming back! He is still blowing out the competition in the Slovak league..and we do need an experienced sniper...he is good for another 3-4 years of 30+ goal seasons...I know he left because of $$$..but I'd pay 3 mill for him plus bonus'. Though he is dead set on improving Slovak quality hockey..so maybe we work with him and add as part of the contract to donate or help build Slovak hockey...give back in exchange for giving his expertise play to us?

Just thinking outside the box.

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site

Paying a guy 1-2 million per season for play 40-50 games? Better options out there I guess, but Garth did like him enough to throw big dough at him back in the day. What Garth thinks of him now re on ice performance may be very different.

If Drury wants to ride it out in NY, then NYI could be an option I guess.

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
Something a little more off the wall...

What do you guys think of drafting Oleksiak this year? This guy could be another Chara in the making! 6'7" 240. BIG boy

Also..lets tlak Palffy in coming back! He is still blowing out the competition in the Slovak league..and we do need an experienced sniper...he is good for another 3-4 years of 30+ goal seasons...I know he left because of $$$..but I'd pay 3 mill for him plus bonus'. Though he is dead set on improving Slovak quality hockey..so maybe we work with him and add as part of the contract to donate or help build Slovak hockey...give back in exchange for giving his expertise play to us?

Just thinking outside the box.

Boris Valbik was supposed to be the next Chara - you can see where that got ATL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad