Players That Won't Dance

attachetatuque

un gros bonhomme!
Feb 1, 2013
subban. it drives me crazy seeing how much he chirps and provokes players after the whistle and then hides behind the ref ora teamate when **** is about to get real

right....you must watch a lot of MTL games. Subban chirps a lot, yes...but he's basically the main target against every team. He gets hit the most, he gets slashed the most, obviously he will talk back. He's an elite player, don't ****ing expect him to drop the gloves game in game out you shmuck! What baffles me is that after a clean (but solid) hit, the player who made the body check will get jumped. It's true for Subban, it's true for Kronwall.

jkrx

Feb 4, 2010
Chris Pronger, constantly played with a "mean streak" which is a nicer phrase for being dirty and almost never answered the bell except if the guys was a small non-fighter like Tomas Sandström or Vopat. Only guy Ive seen him go up against who is in his own class is Chelios.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
What was the general opinion on Landeskog not dancing with Lucic? Did people call him on it? I realize it might be a bit intimidating for a young player to go against guy like Lucic.

Anyone have the video where Crosby was interviewed and he talks about grabbing Tie Domi from his jersey by accident as a rookie, during a brawl with the Leafs. Domi just looked Crosby and said something like, "You sure you wanna do this?". Crosby let go immediately. :laugh: (Not pissing on Crosby, most would have done the same.)

Pat Paeplow

May 16, 2013
Kinda seems like Ference disregarded the rules of engagement. He just jumps Subban. When in that video does Subban turn him down.?

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
What was the general opinion on Landeskog not dancing with Lucic? Did people call him on it? I realize it might be a bit intimidating for a young player to go against guy like Lucic.

Anyone have the video where Crosby was interviewed and he talks about grabbing Tie Domi from his jersey by accident as a rookie, during a brawl with the Leafs. Domi just looked Crosby and said something like, "You sure you wanna do this?". Crosby let go immediately. :laugh: (Not pissing on Crosby, most would have done the same.)

I don't see why anyone would care about that... Landeskog isn't a fighter and didn't really do much other than grab his jersey in a large scrum.

EP40 AKA Lil Wayne

May 9, 2013
Landeskog has been in a couple of fights as junior, but he does not have the size and strength on his side in the NHL, though it might be the fact it hurts the team and/or being the captain.

Playing hard but clean and not fighting benefits the team and if you are a team player you can't go on a solo mission.

Many of the non-fighters takes a lot of abuse so calling them weak is not right either in a lot of cases and it draws penalties. Sedins for ex. #fact

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I dont really know what that has to do with the thread but congrats on the goal I guess :dunno:

your secret agenda is getting silly i think half your posts on this board are about John Scott or sabre bashing...move on sir...

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
For a fan of a different team, I love that 50% of your posts are about the Leafs. We're trolling you without even trying. :handclap:

And Kaleta is a perfect example of someone who won't dance. He does have a few fights and he actually isn't a bad fighter, but for how often he tries to end careers and gets called out for it, he turtles or runs away a lot.

Must be opposite day. The problem with Kaleta is that he fights everyone and isn't a very good fighter.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Some guys play the game straight up, and they're just not fighters. So they might give you a good hit, but you don't expect them to drop the gloves. Like Landeskog, or Stempniak from last night.

Then there's Alex Burrows, Ryan Kesler, Jannik Hansen, Max Lapierre, Matt Cooke, these are guys who act tough, will antagonize you all night, throw cheap shots, get in to every scrum, beak off, hit from behind, go for headshots, slash like crazy... But when it comes time to drop the gloves, they hide behind the ref.

Oh look, all current or past Canucks. That's interesting.

Yes, Kesler and Burrows two players who've never been suspended "throw cheap shots" "go for headshots" and "hit from behind" What disingenuous crap. Also, you contradict yourself here, you say "some players are just not fighters" Neither one of those players fit the role of fighter. All in all awful post, you should also contact a psychiatrist for your unhealthy obsession with the Canucks.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Must be opposite day. The problem with Kaleta is that he fights everyone and isn't a very good fighter.

LOL now i've heard it all. Kaleta ducks anyone who's tough. The only really tough guys he's fought in his career are Lucic, Asham, Smith, Carcillo and Boll and none of them are anywhere near top heavyweights. And he's been in the NHL for how many seasons now?

Macslow*

Because he had just elbowed the Bruins star player in the head? Because some people have too much pride to be dragged by the shirt all over the ice?

Clearly Subban has no issues with being dragged around like a sissy. :laugh:

DickSmehlik

Oct 23, 2006
The Empire State
Brooks Orpik hasn't had a fight since 2008.

I get some guys aren't fighters but for a guy who throws his weight around and will slash and hack a guy all day and then face wash you in front of the net, he won't back up his bark.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Brooks Orpik hasn't had a fight since 2008.

I get some guys aren't fighters but for a guy who throws his weight around and will slash and hack a guy all day and then face wash you in front of the net, he won't back up his bark.

I see what you're saying now. Orpik with a high hit on Loui Erickson and injures him but refuses to drop the gloves with Thornton.

Coward.

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
I see what you're saying now. Orpik with a high hit on Loui Erickson and injures him but refuses to drop the gloves with Thornton.

Coward.

Orpik should have dropped his gloves, even though it is a huge mismatch.

However, haven't you stated that certain players shouldn't fight because it is a bad trade-off? Brooks Orpik is a top-four defenseman, Shawn Thornton is a fourth-line winger.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Orpik should have dropped his gloves, even though it is a huge mismatch.

However, haven't you stated that certain players shouldn't fight because it is a bad trade-off? Brooks Orpik is a top-four defenseman, Shawn Thornton is a fourth-line winger.

Once and awhile players should man up. Lucic a 1st liner fought Engelland who is a 3rd pairing d man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad