Players That Won't Dance

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
What is a list of players that won't drop the gloves? Any videos of this?

When a player gets challenged and just won't drop them. Or even worse when they act engaged and are trying to start stuff, then just don't/

Whether it just be a player doing it once, someone that does it multiple times, etc.

Post some videos of times you remember

(I dont blame Landeskog here)

Polo*

I dont have a video but tonight I saw John Scott turn down about 6 different challenges. He tried to make the excuse he wont do staged fights anymore...but funny pre game he said "im ready for anything the leafs throw at me."

By declining fights and skating away when challenged? Great game plan.

And none of challenges were staged fights. Orr and McLaren wanted him to answer for Scott going after their star player

I have never in the history of hockey seen a supposed HW turn down so many fights in one night. Especially when his team was losing and could have used a spark

Polo*

I also remember when Laraque wanted to fight Lucic and he wouldnt fight him. George followed him all over the ice and Lucic still wouldnt drop em

Bi Coastal Bawse*

I also remember when Laraque wanted to fight Lucic and he wouldnt fight him. George followed him all over the ice and Lucic still wouldnt drop em

And I believe Lucic scored the GWG

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
I dont have a video but tonight I saw John Scott turn down about 6 different challenges. He tried to make the excuse he wont do staged fights anymore...but funny pre game he said "im ready for anything the leafs throw at me."

By declining fights and skating away when challenged? Great game plan.

And none of challenges were staged fights. Orr and McLaren wanted him to answer for Scott going after their star player

I have never in the history of hockey seen a supposed HW turn down so many fights in one night. Especially when his team was losing and could have used a spark

Nolan told Scott not to go. He listened to the coach. Scott isn't scared of either Orr or McLaren. Pretty sure he did a good number on McLaren last year, where McLaren waved in the refs. Orr did knock him down with that body shot though. But whatever. I don't think Scott is scared of either of them.

J Canuck

Mar 19, 2013
the couch
What is a list of players that won't drop the gloves? Any videos of this?

When a player gets challenged and just won't drop them. Or even worse when they act engaged and are trying to start stuff, then just don't/

Whether it just be a player doing it once, someone that does it multiple times, etc.

Post some videos of times you remember

Weise was challenging McQuaid and was jumped by Thornton, according to the Bruin's Brad Marchand.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/archive/index.php/t-1078369.html

http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2012/01/11/brad-marchand-clears-the-air-explains-shawn-thornton-was-trying-to-surprise-dale-weise/

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
A little confused; is the topic supposed to be about guys who habitually turn down invitations to go? Or players who have done it on occasions throughout their career?

The answers would be quite different, IMO.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
A little confused; is the topic supposed to be about guys who habitually turn down invitations to go? Or players who have done it on occasions throughout their career?

Ya thats what im confused about. Every player in the league declines invitations at least some times.

Players that decline every time is a whole different story though.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Weisse or w/e challenged McQuaid and Thornton stepped up
Lucic was told not to fight Laroque
Scott was told not to fight Orr or Mclaren
Phaneuf was on the PK why would he fight a plug like Prust

THERE

theranfordflop

Jul 2, 2003
Vancouver
Some guys play the game straight up, and they're just not fighters. So they might give you a good hit, but you don't expect them to drop the gloves. Like Landeskog, or Stempniak from last night.

Then there's Alex Burrows, Ryan Kesler, Jannik Hansen, Max Lapierre, Matt Cooke, these are guys who act tough, will antagonize you all night, throw cheap shots, get in to every scrum, beak off, hit from behind, go for headshots, slash like crazy... But when it comes time to drop the gloves, they hide behind the ref.

Oh look, all current or past Canucks. That's interesting.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Some guys play the game straight up, and they're just not fighters. So they might give you a good hit, but you don't expect them to drop the gloves. Like Landeskog, or Stempniak from last night.

Then there's Alex Burrows, Ryan Kesler, Jannik Hansen, Max Lapierre, Matt Cooke, these are guys who act tough, will antagonize you all night, throw cheap shots, get in to every scrum, beak off, hit from behind, go for headshots, slash like crazy... But when it comes time to drop the gloves, they hide behind the ref.

Burrows Lapierre and Cooke are pests that's what they do and have all dropped the mitts
Hansen broke his hand in a fight and hasn't dropped them since, and definitely does none of the things you mentioned
Kesler has fought before and is terrible at it

Oh look another person who hates the Canucks, interesting

Bi Coastal Bawse*

I wouldn't lump Kesler in there.

Hansen is dirty but I don't see him getting into scrums. He declined McQuaid once or twice but he really had no need to fight him. He could have answered the bell but why against someone like McQuaid? That would have been dumb.

theranfordflop

Jul 2, 2003
Vancouver
Burrows Lapierre and Cooke are pests that's what they do and have all dropped the mitts
Hansen broke his hand in a fight and hasn't dropped them since, and definitely does none of the things you mentioned
Kesler has fought before and is terrible at it

Oh look another person who hates the Canucks, interesting

Hansen doesn't play dirty? That's borderline delusional.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
To me players that constantly act tough because a ) they got bad boys in their team or b) just won't fight because they know they are going to get pounded

Sean Avery : All bark no bite. Yap Yap Yap then turtled ( of all time next to Eddy Shack )
Brad Merchand : A bi product of a tough Boston team, if he played for the Habs, I doubt he ever hits anyone
Nazem Kadri : See above ( oh yeah I am a Leafs fan )
Clutterbuck : A lot of questionable hits in his days but hardly drops the gloves to back them up

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont

Really either

Its just kind of entertaining to watch guys not want to fight after acting tough

So part of what I was hoping for were some videos of players declining to fight when the other guy is fully engaged, and then part of it was looking for players that do it more often than others

ghostingtaro

Nov 2, 2013

It's okay junior, daddy is here to comfort you, let it out. The real bad nucks have done you dirty, I know the feeling too well.

Funny thing is the players you listed aren't even fighters :laugh:

Btw you forgot the Sedin sisters, that alone makes your entire rant invalid.

What a joke...

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008

Not this crap again:facepalm:

Every freaking time....

Kyleftlx

twitter*****/kyle_ftl
May 9, 2010
Michigan!
Kronwall doesn't drop the gloves ever. He dishes those big hits, sometimes questionable, and then someone always goes after him and he refuses to fight the guy. It's funny that people still try to go after him when they know he won't fight them. Anyways, just throwing his name out there.

SCBruCrew4

Dec 5, 2011
Boston, Ma

The fact that Ference literally drags Subban across the ice, makes this incredible. Also the term "turtle" is displayed perfectly because Subban's head is literally inside his shoulder pads lol

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad