Players that won't be at the WJC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duff88

May 7, 2002
Everyone probably has a few players that they look at and ask themselves "Why has he not made the team?".

Mine is Luca :eek::eek::eek::eek:i; everyone talked so highly of him after the Viking Cup and how he was supposed to be one of the most skilled players in this year's draft. People were talking about him and Bykov being two out of the three go-to guys for Switzerland. Now he doesn't make the Swiss WJC team.

BTW, it would be great if "experts" of those countries could come in and provide an explanation/theory about why the guys mentionned didn't make the teams.

aftu

Apr 4, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Everyone probably has a few players that they look at and ask themselves "Why has he not made the team?".

Mine is Luca :eek::eek::eek::eek:i; everyone talked so highly of him after the Viking Cup and how he was supposed to be one of the most skilled players in this year's draft. People were talking about him and Bykov being two out of the three go-to guys for Switzerland. Now he doesn't make the Swiss WJC team.

BTW, it would be great if "experts" of those countries could come in and provide an explanation/theory about why the guys mentionned didn't make the teams.

I heard that it's because sometimes his attitude is a little :eek::eek::eek::eek:i.

Badum ching.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
From the Finnish team:

Juuso Puustinen (dropped)
Bobby Nyholm & Jan-Mikael Juutilainen (not even selected for camp... or maybe they declined, but why would they do that..?)

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
For Sweden...

Oscar Möller, Chilliwack Bruins (2007 draftee)
Dennis Persson, Djurgården/Nyköping (BUF)
Richard Gynge, Brynäs/Nybro (undrafted)

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Disapointed to see Bobby Ryan left off the US roster. Not suprised, I'm very disapointed with him.

Wow he was there last year but not this year? When was the last time that happened? I know it's virtually impossible to lose a spot on Team Canada if you're a returnee.

edd1e

Sep 11, 2004
Helsinki, Finland
From the Finnish team:

Juuso Puustinen (dropped)
Bobby Nyholm & Jan-Mikael Juutilainen (not even selected for camp... or maybe they declined, but why would they do that..?)

Yeah, looking at those players team Finland should have a great depth, but i think the reality is a bit different :)

Phenomenon

Jun 10, 2006
Team Finland (in addition to previously mentioned):

- Ville Korhonen (dropped): a speedy and skilled forward playing his second year regularly in the Finnish league level, active in distributing tackles, don't know the exact reason for being dropped, played quite good practise games

- Tommi Huhtala (was not selected even to the final camp): a versatile forward with a lot of experience from the Finnish league level, whose aggressive style did not seem to fit into coach's plans

- Eetu Heikkinen (was not selected even to the final camp): a reliable and mobile Dman, whose role in the league team has increased during the season, a spot in the team should have been 100% sure - a real mystery why not being selected

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
The good thing about Puustinen, Juutilainen, Nyholm and Heikkinen (don't know about Huhtala and Korhonen) is that they're all eligible for next year. Assuming Puustinen wants to make the trip again and risk not getting on the team (if he still plays in the WHL next season).

This year would've been a good experience for them, though...

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
- Brassard would've been a good addition to Canada but is injured.
- Tlusty and Kalus are out with injuries for the Czechs (I think?).
- Trukhno and Vishnevsky would make great additions to Russia but won't likey be picked.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
I would have liked to see Bobby Sanguinetti as well, but with the offensive weapons that the Americans already possess on their blue line, his prescence would have been redundant.

His name was the first I thought of. I can see him not making the team, but not even being invited to the try-out? That's ridiculous.

Kaktus*

As a Flyers fan I am upset that Giroux was cut, Downie made the team again and that makes me happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad