Players that don't want a vaccine (Mod Warning post#30)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OppositeLocK

Nov 18, 2017
It's very simple, everyone who can get a vaccine and wishes to interact with random strangers needs to because there are people who can't get them. If you do not wish to have a vaccine, you are free to not participate in society. There is no force involved, it's your choice, you just live in a world where actions have consequences. In this case your action is to make yourself a danger to a segment of society, and so we are protecting them from you. Simple, no?

So I'm free to do as I please as long as you approve? Sorry, but that's not freedom at all. I'd also advise against giving people ultimatums about how they can live their lives as that's always ended badly.

Once again, how is someone a danger to you if you're vaccinated?

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Kaapo kakko has diabetes and nothing drastic happened to him. Developing pneumonia can be problematic for a lot of people and not that problematic for a lot of people. You can also get hit by a bus crossing the road. A large amount of people didn’t even know they had covid without a suprise test result. The constant worst case scenarios that are constantly spewed out are worn out.
The plural of "anecdote" is not "data".

Confused Turnip

Nov 29, 2019
So I'm free to do as I please as long as you approve? Sorry, but that's not freedom at all. I'd also advise against giving people ultimatums about how they can live their lives as that's always ended badly.

Once again, how is someone a danger to you if you're vaccinated?
It's not about approval. It's about failing to meet a condition that applies equally to everyone. And the answer to your last question is literally in the post you quoted so I won't bother.

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
I'm not forcing you. But if you don't you don't have the right to earn a living.

Sounds like forcing to me.
Then find another job

Imagine thinking you have the right to work wherever you want without having to follow other private entities' rules lmfao

Man oh man have a lot of AmericanS made up their own terms for 'freedom' now.

Confused Turnip

Nov 29, 2019
Saying you don’t participate in society unless you do what I say and take the vaccine is forcing it. Lol. Who the hell is anybody to decide that. This is exactly the type of situation the NHLPA wil not allow to happen
I'm not sure what right you think you have that obligates other people to engage with you, but you may want to look into something called personal accountability for your actions. Choose to be a potential plague pit, don't get invited to parties. Cry me a river.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
I'm not sure what right you think you have that obligates other people to engage with you, but you may want to look into something called personal accountability for your actions. Choose to be a potential plague pit, don't get invited to parties. Cry me a river.
This is about the NHL players not me

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I think with the availability of numerous kinds of vaccines- even now the “traditional” viral vector type if you’re afraid of mRNA technology- there’s no excuse for players to not get vaccinated and they shouldn’t be allowed to play if they refuse.
The fact that we lived through 2020 for those that were lucky enough to come out unscathed (either personally, friend, loved one), can't believe people would be against this obvious best chance to return to normalcy by being against it.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
You're trying to force me to take a vaccine that I don't need. Sounds like you're the entitled one.

There is the problem isnt it. It is not about if you need it, its about everyone doing their part to help keep the most vulnerable safe.

There are players who have children with major health issues, like Nick Foligno. As a team mate you would think you would want to help keep his family safe.

Confused Turnip

Nov 29, 2019
You're trying to force me to take a vaccine that I don't need. Sounds like you're the entitled one.
You're welcome not to take it. I'm asking literally nothing of you so I can't be entitled here. You, on the other hand, are demanding that everyone continue to interact with you as they always did regardless of your personal choices. That's the definition of entitlement. You made a choice, live with it. You may not think you need it, but our species as a whole needs a minimum vaccination rate in order to survive. Vaccines are not 100% effective and not everyone can get them, these things don't matter if we keep our vaccination rates beyond a certain point, but if enough dipshits refuse it endangers everyone and it's absolutely reasonable for everyone else to exclude them in order to bring the vaccination rate of people who do care about such things back above the safe number.

OppositeLocK

Nov 18, 2017
There is the problem isnt it. It is not about if you need it, its about everyone doing their part to help keep the most vulnerable safe.

There are players who have children with major health issues, like Nick Foligno. As a team mate you would think you would want to help keep his family safe.

Your conclusion for me not taking the vaccine is to not participate in society. You say you want me to take the vaccine so vulnerable people are able to participate in society.

Pray tell then, why not ask the vulnerable people to not participate in society?

Confused Turnip

Nov 29, 2019
Your conclusion for me not taking the vaccine is to not participate in society. You say you want me to take the vaccine so vulnerable people are able to participate in society.

Pray tell then, why not ask the vulnerable people to not participate in society?
Because they're not making a choice to be vulnerable. You're making a choice to not get vaccinated.

Did I really need to explain that?

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
They have a an option of not getting vaccinated and NHL has an option of not letting them play if they don't.

Seems simple to me.

Reactions: Confused Turnip

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
They have a an option of not getting vaccinated and NHL has an option of not letting them play if they don't.

Seems simple to me.
Do they though? That’s not in the player contracts or the CBA that was agreed to and signed

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
We'll all just have to agree to disagree.

But I know one thing is true in all of this. I'm not getting the vaccine, even if they mandate it by law I'll find a way of being legally exempted from it, and continue living my life as is.

There is no scenario here where you will make me get the vaccine. I don't rely upon social benefits, and have enough passive income to get by on. I also don't care for your social groups as I have enough land and toys to enjoy life.

So try again, tyrants.
Woahhh, look how badass this guy is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad