Players that are ok/meh in the regular season but good in the playoff?

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
This year, for the Leafs Nylander showed up, need to see if this is who he is or if its just a fluke.

Keerfoot Spezza, were great.

Who are your teams playoff overachivers?

(yeah i spell like a** , not my language and have not slept ok for 2years)

Reactions: GoldenSeal

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
Did Nylander show up when he was scared to be the first guy to the puck almost every time? Sure, he got some points, but that type of mindset is the reason the leafs lose in the first round every year.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
This year, for the Leafs Nylander showed up, need to see if this is who he is or if its just a fluke.

Keerfoot Spezza, were great.

Who are your teams playoff overachivers?

(yeah i spell like a** , not my language and have not slept ok for 2years)
The 06 oilers but for an easy example mr game seven Justin Williams.

Reactions: ZEBROA

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
claude lemieux is up there too. Kucherov before he got his hart . Idk lots of players get better when the games matter more.

Last edited:

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
If you want to call out someone for being scared to get the puck call out Marner, not nylander. I doubt you watched every single game.
I do hope the leafs dump marner in a knee-jerk move and lose their second or best player

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
claude lemieux is up there too. Kucherov before he got his hart . Idk lots of players get better when the games matter more.

and you also got bad apples

I'm glad Montreal recognized that Tatar was a poor playoff performer.

Armia in Montreal seem to thrive on playoff hockey. I think he's just too slow for the RS but his strenghts really shine in a s'ow grind battle

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
I do hope the leafs dump marner in a knee-jerk move and lose their second or best player
He might be second best during regular season. Playoffs is another beast for him right now. We need cheap playoff performers to compensate for our best and second best player.

Reactions: Burkeocet

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
If you want to call out someone for being scared to get the puck call out Marner, not nylander. I doubt you watched every single game.

Marner was bad too, but he wasn't said in this thread.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Did Nylander show up when he was scared to be the first guy to the puck almost every time? Sure, he got some points, but that type of mindset is the reason the leafs lose in the first round every year.
We know... we know... its always Nylanders fault. We are realy angry at him for forcing Matthews and Marner to not score, just so he could look good.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
We know... we know... its always Nylanders fault. We are realy angry at him for forcing Matthews and Marner to not score, just so he could look good.

If leafs fans are happy with his play, so be it.

Reactions: ZEBROA

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
I would be shocked if this happens. The Leafs are not run by The Impatient Fan any longer. Just because there is a contingent of idiot fans who want to move him doesn't mean the management team is that stupid.
We're not idiots we recognize he can't handle the style that playoff hockey brings to the table. He is like Dennis the Menace with a slingshot in trench warfare. Useless.

It's people like you that are easily deceived by his regular season totals. Hockey is a sport where the regular season and post season bring 2 completely different styles to the game.

Unfortunately for the Leafs, Marner makes so much money and is on the top line and PP unit that he is not only sucking but taking the opportunities that someone else could be cashing in on. His salary is a team killer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Burkeocet

Donkeyz

Aug 15, 2008
Montréal
We're not idiots we recognize he can't handle the style that playoff hockey brings to the table. He is like Dennis the Menace with a slingshot in trench warfare. Useless.

It's people like you that are easily deceived by his regular season totals. Hockey is a sport where the regular season and post season bring 2 completely different styles to the game.

Unfortunately for the Leafs, Marner makes so much money and is on the top line and PP unit that he is not only sucking but taking the opportunities that someone else could be cashing in on. His salary is a team killer.

Mitch Marner is 24 years old. He still has time to learn and adapt to playoff hockey, imho.
Even if the results weren't there this year, Marner and Matthews had chances and could have taken over the series against the Habs.

But yes, there are 10 millions + reasons Marner shouldn't be "learning", but actually in "doing mode".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad