Players ratify CBA...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
From Eklund

Players Ratify CBA
According to a source, the players have reached the majority of votes needed to ratify the CBA as of Noon ET. There have been a few players voting it down out of principle, but that is a very small minority...The official tally will not be out until the polls close for the Europeans at 3pm. But at this point hockey has passed its final hurdle...The Board Of Governors will ratify the CBA tomorrow morning.

mackdogs*

So Eklund is in contact with someone doing a running tally of votes?
Ya right. I can also predict the players will ratify the deal but so could a monkey. I hope this is the end of the person known as Eklund.

ColoradoHockeyFan

Feb 17, 2005
Denver area
640 Toronto just now (12:22pm ET) reported that North American players have completed voting, and that the necessary majority has already been reached. They also said that European voters have until 3pm ET.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
mackdogs said:
So Eklund is in contact with someone doing a running tally of votes?
Ya right. I can also predict the players will ratify the deal but so could a monkey. I hope this is the end of the person known as Eklund.

quite sure it's an electronic vote, very easy to have a running tally.

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
I'll believe it when its announced this afternoon.

Does anybody remember if they announced the percentage of yes and no votes in 94? It would be interesting to see how many players voted no.

Hockey_Nut99

I was refreshing Eklunds blog all morning last Wednesday when they agreed in principle. His blog was the first place to say they agreed in principle. Even before TSN....He is not always right but he does know what he is talking about.

Realm

Jun 5, 2005
I cant believe how many of you people hate Eklund, sure it was obvious to pass so should he have not reported anything?

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Like Eklund or hate Eklund, Bob McKenzie came on here and quite clearly stated that Eklund indeed has legitimate sources. That players and other hockey people do indeed check his site and do indeed talk to him. And as Bob said (I'm paraphrasing here) it isn't that Eklund doesn't have legitimate sources it's Eklund doesn't always know which are legit and which aren't and he just posts everything. That should be the end of it. It's a rumour site, not a particularily good one IMO, and that's all it is. Sometimes he's right and other times not. He posted this news about 15 minutes before any other media source seems to have mentioned it (perhaps I'm mistaken but thus far he seems to have been the first). He was also the first person to mention the Free agency decrease during the term of the CBA. Garrioch mentioned it the next day as the first mainstream media source (not that Garrioch is much better than Eklund!). He has gotten a couple of things right....and a billion things wrong. So I guess that gives him a Strachan average overall!

Like it or not it is indeed possible he has a legitimate source on the "inside". Not that it's hard to get someone on the inside for what amounts to a foregone conclusion. Every media person and station will have an inside source today.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
Realm said:
I cant believe how many of you people hate Eklund, sure it was obvious to pass so should he have not reported anything?

Apparently, it's a lose/lose situation. I, for one, appreciate the report in anticipation of closure to this goddamn mess.

Garbs

Jul 2, 2005
London, Ontario
640 Toronto confirmed that enough of the North America players have voted yes, that it doesn't matter what the European players vote.

It's been ratified.

SuperUnknown

Mar 14, 2002
Visit site
Garbs said:
640 Toronto confirmed that enough of the North America players have voted yes, that it doesn't matter what the European players vote.

It's been ratified.

Then I guess that the "yes" votes are winning by a landslide.

Hockey_Nut99

NJD Jester said:
That's not even close to being true.

How so? I was sitting there before work switching back and forth every 2 monutes or so. I look at those 2 sites every morning. The first place i heard it was Nick Kypreos on the radio and then I seen it on Eklunds and then tsn.ca

tantalum

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
NJD Jester said:
That's not even close to being true.

It was the first place I saw it "reported" (well as a second hand post on this site)

640 didn't seem to have it until 15 minutes later. I didn't see it on the sportsnet or TSN sites (though not sure what they are saying live on air)

He could be making it up as well given it was a foregone conclusion. But from everything I've seen or heard today he seems to be the first to say it.

NJD Jester

Nov 14, 2003
DC
www.njdevilsbook.com
Hockey_Nut99 said:
How so? I was sitting there before work switching back and forth every 2 monutes or so. I look at those 2 sites every morning. The first place i heard it was Nick Kypreos on the radio and then I seen it on Eklunds and then tsn.ca

OK, so the "first place" you heard it was from Kypreos. Which means that Eklund's blog wasn't the first place to report it. Because he gets his news the same way we do -- from the media.

Oh, and also from Miro Satan's agent.

tantalum

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
NJD Jester said:
OK, so the "first place" you heard it was from Kypreos. Which means that Eklund's blog wasn't the first place to report it. Because he gets his news the same way we do -- from the media.

Oh, and also from Miro Satan's agent.

Oh my God. Even after Bob McKenzie confirms he indeed has sources where he says he has some sources still people don't buy it. Fine I guess let the hate or whatever cover your eyes...but I'll repeat it one more time: He has sources. He gets legitimate scoops. He doesn't have the know how to sniff out the scoop from the BS so most of what he does post is complete BS. This was, once again, confirmed by Bob McKenzie.

Scoff at the quality of site. The quality (or lack thereof) of writing. The inability to consistentnly sniff out the legit source. But people have to stop pretending he doesn't actually have legitimate information at times because the fact is he does....even if he might not be sure who they are.

That doesn't make it a worthwhile site to me because quite frankly I like a little intelligent analysis and some work to be done by the "reporter" to sniff out the facts and not just post everything he gets.

Anyways it doesn't look like Scott Walker's prediction that this was going to be very close was at all accurate. Not unlike his insistence on OTR that the PA would never ever accept a cap while the executive was negotiating just that down the highway in Niagara Falls.

tantalum

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Taranis_24 said:
And I predict the Flyer's win the Ek blog lottery

LOL. I'm sure they will. Potential sources he has yes. But credibility and integrity are in short supply.

NJD Jester

Nov 14, 2003
DC
www.njdevilsbook.com
tantalum said:
Oh my God. Even after Bob McKenzie confirms he indeed has sources where he says he has some sources still people don't buy it.

I never said he didn't have sources. He totally does, and they've been using his blog as a way to float a lot of bad information for months.

I'm just saying he wasn't the first to report the agreement, just like he wasn't the first to report half of the news he's credited with. He's just a guy who watches a lot of TV and listens to a lot of radio when most fans aren't. (And more than a few "scoops" came from these very boards, which is ironic when you consider HF now considers him to be legit.)

Hockey_Nut99

NJD Jester said:
I never said he didn't have sources. He totally does, and they've been using his blog as a way to float a lot of bad information for months.

I'm just saying he wasn't the first to report the agreement, just like he wasn't the first to report half of the news he's credited with. He's just a guy who watches a lot of TV and listens to a lot of radio when most fans aren't. (And more than a few "scoops" came from these very boards, which is ironic when you consider HF now considers him to be legit.)

Who was the first to report it then? Hey, I might be wrong.

Otter

There was an article on MSG long before Eklund announced the agreement in principal. I either saw the thread pointing it out on here or on the Caps official board. Either way, Eklund was not the first to report it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->