Players on the Leafs you DISLIKE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Thought it would be interesting to see the results.

Vote on whatever criteria you want for disliking the players, whether its personality, antics, inability to finish, defensive liability, overpaid, stubbornness, low IQ etc.

I also added Carlyle to this.

You Can vote for MORE THAN ONE PLAYER

Edit: Forwards at the top. D men, Goalies and Carlyle at the bottom

Last edited:

paulster2626

Oct 11, 2008
No option for zero. Poll is flawed.

"So and so is the most hated Leaf!" - this is like an ESPN poll.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I don't dislike any of them. I get frustrated with some of them, some more frequently then others, a lot of times. But I don't dislike any of them.

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
Dont see why any Leaf fan would want to see who the most hated Leaf is on a message board?

BayStreetBullies*

This poll is the equivalent of going to a Leafs game and booing the players.

Alflives*

Thought it would be interesting to see the results.

Vote on whatever criteria you want for disliking the players, whether its personality, antics, inability to finish, defensive liability, overpaid, stubbornness, low IQ etc.

I also added Carlyle to this.

You Can vote for MORE THAN ONE PLAYER

Like them all. The Leafs have a good team.

hockeyfanz*

This poll is the equivalent of going to a Leafs game and booing the players.

Yet fans had no problem running guys like Blake, Toskala, Stajan, Ron Wilson, JFJ, and to some even Mats Sundin out of town.....pretty ludicrous stance to take, IMO. The Leafs are not a juggernaut. Its not like they have a perfect squad. It's not like all their players are flawless. Its absolutely nothing like booing the players...and even if it is, isn't it the paying fans perogotive to boo whoever they want?

BayStreetBullies*

Yet fans had no problem running guys like Blake, Toskala, Stajan, Ron Wilson, JFJ, and to some even Mats Sundin out of town.....pretty ludicrous stance to take, IMO.

Wtf are you even talking about? What does any of that have to do with what I said?

The Leafs are not a juggernaut. Its not like they have a perfect squad. It's not like all their players are flawless. Its absolutely nothing like booing the players...and even if it is, isn't it the paying fans perogotive to boo whoever they want?

It is the equivalent of booing the players. And maybe you think it's the perogative of a paying fan to boo whomever they want, but we'll just have to agree to disagree on that.

Patience

Sep 8, 2013
It's very rare that I actively dislike a Leaf. There are certainly none now. In the past, there has been Colby Armstrong - dirty weasel, Brian Marchment - tried to end careers with low bridge hits, Garnet Exelby - terrible defenseman, dirty hits to the head, Sergio Momesso - I don't think he tried while he was a Leaf, Chris Kotsopoulos - lone defensive skill was the cross check

dfunk

Feb 1, 2012
i voted phaneuf, i like his play for the most part but his interviews are painful

Alflives*

Ranger for sure right now.
Dion would be next

Why do so many Leaf's fans not appreciate what Dion provides to the team? Does he not play over 25 (tough) minutes a game? Does he not wear the C? Does he not play: PK, PP and often double shift. Does he not get the toughest match-ups? There are 29 other teams that would gladly take him off the Leaf's hands.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
I voted for Clarkson but that could change.

I didn't like him when he was on the Devils so I was trying to pinpoint what kind of contribution he would bring to the team besides being "tough"

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
So much paranoia around here. It's okay to admit you're not crazy about every player on the team. If you love every player then this is probably the wrong thread for you.

tans66

Sep 11, 2009
Toronto,Ontario
Really the most disliked player so far is Ranger. Hmmmmm 4yrs out and 4 games in ,he's the most disliked. Other then Phaneuf hes the only other dman with a plus rating. He is also averaging 20 min a game making him a top 4 dman on this team. Name another defenceman other then Phaneuf that Randy feels comfortable throwing out in pp and pk . Gardiner has looked liked a rover out there, leaving his defense partners out to dry on many occasions. No points and a defensive nightmare. Why no hate for him?? Other then a couple games against Boston and a rookie season playing pond/shinny hockey under Wilson has he progressed in all areas of the ice??

Ask the players if Orr is disliked. Kadri almost wanted to kiss him on HNIC. He does a very hard job , hard to dislike someone who would have your back covered at all times. Risk health and injury and go to war for you.
This seems like a popularity contest.
Whats the critieria for "disliking" a player. Would not playing to your ability count. Underachieving, constant zone coverage assignments blown, no points, no physical element.
Garniner is my disliked player . Just like in Anaheim, we will also end up trading him. That should get some of you blue and white goggled fanboys chirppin. Thinking he is the next Coffey.
Its even hard to dislike Jake, for when he is traded he will bring a significant return. :)
Defense wins championships.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad