Players on new teams, which will perform well and which won't?

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Good point.
That must be so nice. Go from a bad team where you are constantly scrutinized and everything, to a brand new team coming off a historic year with an energetic fanbase and the media isn't going to be breathing down your neck. I'd be celebrating like crazy if I was Patches right now.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
and nothing , just dont feel bad for us coz like i said they both looked good in preseason.

In a thread with names like Karlsson, Tavares, Skinner, Pacioretty etc. being thrown around, I made a joke. I'm sorry it went over your head.

Enjoy Peca and Tatar.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
In a thread with names like Karlsson, Tavares, Skinner, Pacioretty etc. being thrown around, I made a joke. I'm sorry it went over your head.

Enjoy Peca and Tatar.
Peca was good offensively in Tampa I always thought he’d be a guy who breaks out on a new team

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Having only watched a few periods of Hoffman's stint with the Panthers, I'm wondering why ownership thought Riley Smith was over-payed? I should stress, this isn't a slight on Hoffman or Smith.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
Tavares will be a dominant force this season.

NYI fans will love Komarov.

I expect O'Reilly to thrive with the Blues.

Knowledgeable Blues fans will appreciate the hockey IQ of Bozak.

Karlsson in San Jose will be exposed in the tougher west conference. Expect him to be in the east again next year.

BorntoLose

Nov 4, 2014
Wonder how Blues fans will feel about Bozak, hope he does well honestly. wont be forced into the wrong role like he was for many years in Toronto.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Yeah, I don't get people saying Blues fans not liking Bozak. Sheltered minutes and 2PP time, dude is gonna be great. Him and Steen are gonna feast on teams third pairs.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Once again, no. He didn't produce very well. 7 points in 20 games is not what I would consider producing very well, no matter how you try to spin it.
6 in 10 last season (I know you will say it was 5 in 10 but he had an assist in Chicago that wasn’t counted for some reason)

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
I get many fans don’t dive into other teams depth and roles. But those discounting what Bozak can bring to STL is too often seeing him as a being used in a higher role. I feel him as a complimentary piece in the 3rd line is exactly the right role for him. We needed more of a playmaker on the 3rd line. Berglund was never much of a playmaker. Bozak with Steen & Perron or one of the kids is going to be a major upgrade from last year.

I think ROR is going to have an excellent year as well, possibly even a career year.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
And? 7 in 20 suggests he didn't produce very well as you claimed. Not sure how you view it otherwise.
He literally had 6 in 10 this season (or 5 in 10 if you believe the NHL), that is producing very well. And watch those highlights, he wasn’t just collecting random points.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Dallas is gonna L-O-V-E Polak.

Generational puck-off-the-glass player

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
Not worried about Bozak. He seems like smart player and the St Louis defense isn't the same as Toronto's... He's going to get better support along with the good two way forwards in Steen & Perron to the side of him. Massive upgrade from the 3rd line they were throwing out last year. I mean Kyle Brodziak was 2nd line C for most of the 2nd half last year...

I think Blues fans might get worn out with Maroon though. Especially if Yeo continues to force him onto the OReilly - Tarasenko line. Not the best skating ability on that top line and they shouldn't be spending their ice time chasing the play. If he blocks guys like Thomas, Kyrou, and Blais from opportunities/ice time, I can see it getting a little tense.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
He literally had 6 in 10 this season (or 5 in 10 if you believe the NHL), that is producing very well. And watch those highlights, he wasn’t just collecting random points.

5 points in 10 games, that's producing very well? What a substandard bar you've set to justify your response.

Not to mention the ridiculous sample size.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad