Players Not reporting to Juniors

looksshootsscores

Jul 2, 2010
Has anyone else had the issue of playing Franchise mode and unsigned junior players are automatically signed to $700,000 AAV contracts and permitted to play on your AHL affiliate?

I should have recognized the issue at the top when a 2020-drafted goaltender playing in the OHL was backing up in one of my preseason games with Head Coach Lines ON.

Is there a way to fix this or are we waiting for a patch?

looksshootsscores

Jul 2, 2010
I learned not to create a whole mess of players because it becomes such a task of making and then having to re-assign them. So I've made under-100 this year (if you don't count custom WJC rosters where some teams have players that will have 0 impact in franchise). But these other bugs are really killing the work I've put into this.

This was to be expected I suppose with so many teams not having complete organizations--AHL teams in a bit of a waiting period to fill out

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
So this is a total EA issue and they have to rectify it in a patch?
Most likely, yes, but this is EA were talking about here, Colin White from the Senators still not have his career stats for the 4th or 5th year in a row I'm not even a Sens fan and I find that insulting, one of the backup goalies in the game has Joel Lundqvist's file photo, this game is a frigging mess, its a step in the right direction sure, but its still a mess.

looksshootsscores

Jul 2, 2010
Most likely, yes, but this is EA were talking about here, Colin White from the Senators still not have his career stats for the 4th or 5th year in a row I'm not even a Sens fan and I find that insulting, one of the backup goalies in the game has Joel Lundqvist's file photo, this game is a frigging mess, its a step in the right direction sure, but its still a mess.
Ahaha. Was well aware of Joel Lundqvist's picture--Keith Kinkaid. That's been corrected. I definitely understand the gripes though. Wish it could be tweaked better too. All I want to do is film myself doing Franchise Mode--I only play 3-4 seasons before it gets really silly. I can live with some of the small stuff, but having good junior players have to be consistently scratched on my farm team isn't acceptable and the option to return to juniors seems like a major league miss.

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa
Not too sure on the auto signing front (can only think of either auto-sign free agents being on or your org is under 26 signed contracts) but for the lines;
Junior eligible players are eligible for preseason play without counting towards the 9 games to burn a year off their ELC, and in franchise the CPU will treat preseason like teams do in real life by playing prospects and AHL guys for the first few games
If head coach edits lines is on, the coach will probably treat preseason the same way and ice prospects and AHLers for a few games while integrating NHLers until the preseason ends, finishing with a full NHL roster
If the prospects are showing up in AHL my best guess is theyve used up their junior eligibility
:cheers:

looksshootsscores

Jul 2, 2010
Not too sure on the auto signing front (can only think of either auto-sign free agents being on or your org is under 26 signed contracts) but for the lines;
Junior eligible players are eligible for preseason play without counting towards the 9 games to burn a year off their ELC, and in franchise the CPU will treat preseason like teams do in real life by playing prospects and AHL guys for the first few games
If head coach edits lines is on, the coach will probably treat preseason the same way and ice prospects and AHLers for a few games while integrating NHLers until the preseason ends, finishing with a full NHL roster
If the prospects are showing up in AHL my best guess is theyve used up their junior eligibility
:cheers:
I tried a new GM earlier today with auto signing off (which I believe it was off for my initial finding of this as well). I also added 6 FA's to the team (they had 41 contracts) and the issue still persisted. I'd have 2 players--that according to CapFriendly are presently unsigned--signed to 1-year, two-way, $700,000 contracts (which even if they had deals they should be able to report to juniors if they are 19 and under). After the pre-season they just went down to the AHL and because they are a mid-low 60's they're being healthy scratched and it just kills their potential chance. This just makes Franchise mode unplayable. Does anyone have a solution for this?

RandyBobandi

Apr 16, 2012
Saskatchewan
I tried a new GM earlier today with auto signing off (which I believe it was off for my initial finding of this as well). I also added 6 FA's to the team (they had 41 contracts) and the issue still persisted. I'd have 2 players--that according to CapFriendly are presently unsigned--signed to 1-year, two-way, $700,000 contracts (which even if they had deals they should be able to report to juniors if they are 19 and under). After the pre-season they just went down to the AHL and because they are a mid-low 60's they're being healthy scratched and it just kills their potential chance. This just makes Franchise mode unplayable. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Have you tried turning off the Head Coach lines? Also how old are these prospects? I’ve never had any issues with returning prospects back to junior.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Having a similar problem with a couple of 19 years old who are signed to contracts (they are signed in real life, it wasn’t mean signing them).

Now I can’t send them back to juniors, but they’re on the young/low rated side for the AHL.

looksshootsscores

Jul 2, 2010
Have you tried turning off the Head Coach lines? Also how old are these prospects? I’ve never had any issues with returning prospects back to junior.
Did that as well. Issue is still persisting even after I went through and assigned all signed players in the ECHL to their AHL club based on NHL contractual status and also plucked some 40-50 players out of international leagues who are currently on loan.

looksshootsscores

Jul 2, 2010
Having a similar problem with a couple of 19 years old who are signed to contracts (they are signed in real life, it wasn’t mean signing them).

Now I can’t send them back to juniors, but they’re on the young/low rated side for the AHL.
Same. I didn't do a complete review of these 19 year olds, but have found that the signed seem to qualify for the rule whereby they'll turn 20 before 12/31/20. So in that respect, they are eligible for the AHL, but the option to send back to juniors would be appreciated.

I've placed loaned-out players and ECHL players with two-way contracts on AHL deals in hopes that it would rectify some of the issues, but it has not. Alternatively, I did sign an 18 year old prospect and when he was sent down, he was sent to juniors. So there's some sort of issue with players aged 19+ and your flexibility in developing them elsewhere.

It's especially frustrating cause they're already in their junior teams, so I don't see a roster moves option to fix this either--sometimes that works. At any rate, it's very challenging to do a Franchise Mode game with it like this--you almost have to write off the 20-21 season for any development

RandyBobandi

Apr 16, 2012
Saskatchewan
Same. I didn't do a complete review of these 19 year olds, but have found that the signed seem to qualify for the rule whereby they'll turn 20 before 12/31/20. So in that respect, they are eligible for the AHL, but the option to send back to juniors would be appreciated.

I've placed loaned-out players and ECHL players with two-way contracts on AHL deals in hopes that it would rectify some of the issues, but it has not. Alternatively, I did sign an 18 year old prospect and when he was sent down, he was sent to juniors. So there's some sort of issue with players aged 19+ and your flexibility in developing them elsewhere.

It's especially frustrating cause they're already in their junior teams, so I don't see a roster moves option to fix this either--sometimes that works. At any rate, it's very challenging to do a Franchise Mode game with it like this--you almost have to write off the 20-21 season for any development

Maybe try playing them on the either the 1st or 2nd line on your AHL team and see if that helps their development. It sucks if they are rated so low but I have done it before with some of my European draft picks. I had drafted a low elite 19 year old Russian in the 3rd round and I played him on my top line in the AHL and he had over 60 points and went from 62 ovr to 70 ovr. Not sure if that will help your prospects or not but worth a try if they are stuck on your AHL team.

looksshootsscores

Jul 2, 2010
Maybe try playing them on the either the 1st or 2nd line on your AHL team and see if that helps their development. It sucks if they are rated so low but I have done it before with some of my European draft picks. I had drafted a low elite 19 year old Russian in the 3rd round and I played him on my top line in the AHL and he had over 60 points and went from 62 ovr to 70 ovr. Not sure if that will help your prospects or not but worth a try if they are stuck on your AHL team.
I won't be around my xbox for a few days but my next plan (besides emailing my contact at EA) is to place the players on the AHL or NHL team in roster moves and switch them back to their junior club--see if that does anything.

If not, I'll do a test Franchise mode and get a complete list of the junior age players that are stuck as scratches or bottom six in the AHL and adjust their ratings accordingly. I think the latest roster update made some changes to AHL clubs still having part of last year's roster on for 20-21--obviously the league being in limbo right now hasn't helped. Most clubs haven't even started to address filling out their minor league squads. So we'll see where this goes.

looksshootsscores

Jul 2, 2010
If anyone wants to try this stuff and see if you also encounter issues, these are the junior-eligible players with NHL entry-level deals. If they're 19 after 12-31-20, they shouldn't present an issue with being sent down to juniors--but this analysis wasn't complete as mentioned before.

Anaheim: 4
1. Jacob Perreault
2. Brayden Tracey
3. Benoit-Olivier Groulx
4. Jamie Drysdale

Arizona:

Boston:

Buffalo: 1
1. Dylan Cozens

Calgary: 2
1. Jakob Pelletier
2. Dustin Wolf