Players I hate this season

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Yannick "The Panic" Weber - he will never live up to his potential. 7th D at best.

David "Mighty Mouse" Desharnais - As much success as he had last year, he has lost every puck fight this year. He just doesn't have the strength. We won't win a cup with him as our #1 center.

Tomas "Missy cheeseburger" Kaberle - What has happened to this guy? He was really good in Toronto but ever since he's just too slow and cannot play defense.

Erik "I'm retiring" Cole - He doesn't have that jump like he did last year. Maybe because he wants to retire and be with his kids.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
We should definitely not give Weber more than 1 game.

2 periods tells us all we need to know.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
We should definitely not give Weber more than 1 game.

2 periods tells us all we need to know.

4 games for the other ones is enough as well. No one has ever played a bad 4 games.

Trade them all for 7th round picks while we can.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Last Devils goal. Cole didn't even tie Zubrus's stick, he and his buddy Desharnais just stood there and watch. Hate:yo:

anonymous9739872329

May 3, 2006
Around MTL
I don't really care about the Cole hate, if we ever make the playoffs, he'll be a lifesaver.

hEE2697BE

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Yannick "The Panic" Weber - he will never live up to his potential. 7th D at best.

David "Mighty Mouse" Desharnais - As much success as he had last year, he has lost every puck fight this year. He just doesn't have the strength. We won't win a cup with him as our #1 center.

Tomas "Missy cheeseburger" Kaberle - What has happened to this guy? He was really good in Toronto but ever since he's just too slow and cannot play defense.

Erik "I'm retiring" Cole - He doesn't have that jump like he did last year. Maybe because he wants to retire and be with his kids.
season just started,he had a slow start last year also

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Are you kidding me? It's been FOUR GAMES! Cole has notoriously slow starts; last year he started dominating after 8 games. You can make an argument for the others maybe not ever living up to as good as they once were or have potential to become, but this thread is still insanely premature.

TorontoHabs90

Aug 9, 2006
Toronto
I agree cole has been off to a slow start, but do not forget that it was his effort that drew the penalty in overtime that allowed us to win the game!

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Cole is coming around. He actually did his signature cut in and drive the net play twice (once creating a PP opportunity) which I hadn't seen yet this season. he also started hitting people.

Yes he seemed lazy defensively and was basically the reason for the 3rd goal, but he seems to be turning it around. A lot of fans were hating on him the first few games last season... I think he'll step his game up.

As for DD... a very noticeable difference in his compete level from last season which worries me.

Eller too didn't look good last night. I'd try to switch em so that Eller plays center and DD plays wing... might spark a new dynamic between the three struggling players.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Cole is coming around. He actually did his signature cut in and drive the net play twice (once creating a PP opportunity) which I hadn't seen yet this season. he also started hitting people.

Yes he seemed lazy defensively and was basically the reason for the 3rd goal, but he seems to be turning it around. A lot of fans were hating on him the first few games last season... I think he'll step his game up.

As for DD... a very noticeable difference in his compete level from last season which worries me.

Eller too didn't look good last night. I'd try to switch em so that Eller plays center and DD plays wing... might spark a new dynamic between the three struggling players.

He drew two penalties by cutting to the net from the outside. Once on Kovalchuk and the other one in OT that led to the winning goal.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
Cole hasn't been playing terrible. I agree that he hasn't netted any goals and he's on a slow start. But last year was the same, if I recall. So far at least, he's set up two goals and drew quite a few penalties. I haven't noticed him cause any turnovers. He was a bit slow at first, but his speed seems to be coming back. He's had a few chances to score, missed them. He'll break through eventually.

DeHorny has had ups and downs so far. But he's been battling and has set up a few goals (by his plays, no by assists). He'll come around. I'm sure MT will fix him.

Kaberle... has been terrible. Each game goes by, the worse he plays. He was mediocre the first game. Got a lot of limited time on his second. Not even on the PP and causing a lot of turnovers on simple plays for the third. Now he's a healthy scratch. I expect him to be dealt soon, to a team that's defensively plagued with injuries.

Weber, was his first game tonight. I didn't particularly notice him for anything. Didn't think he was terrible. We'll see.

But going as far as hating players... C'mon, let's not jump to judgements yet. We're only 4 games in.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
When you look at Cole's stats, sure it doesn't look good. But he hasn't been that bad. Its not as if he looks dis-interested, which I've been hearing alot around here. He should get going and produce eventually. He just needs to use his speed, go the net, and play in straight lines... that's his game. He's looked rusty at times, not lazy or lethargic.

Yes, I'm not a fan of Kaberle. He looks way too casual out there, but that's always been his game. Its just that he produces way less to go with it.

Armstrong also looks like a shadow of his former self. But I have a harder time hating on players that give an honest effort every night. He's just not that effective from what I've seen though. Here's to hoping that he has more to offer than what we've seen thus far.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
Not worried about Cole one bit. Was like that last year.. As for Kaberle and Weber won't matter when Subban is signed and it's not a terrible 7th and 8th D to have. DD I'm slightly concerned about but he always proves me wrong as I've never had much faith in him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->