Players gambled and lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHA

Mar 28, 2004
www.buffalorange.com
The players should have taken 42.5 million. They were playing poker with a poor hand and tried to bluff the pot. The owners had the better cards and this time did not fold. The players could have gotten more and now have lost big time.

To some extent i feel bad for the players, but their behaviour during the lockout has been abysmal, from going to Europe to the UHL, bad-mouthing people, and trying to make the fans think that they deserve to make not just millions but tens of millions.

I blame Goodenow because he was too chicken to tell the union that they had to take a salary-cap.

Poignant Discussion*

I tell it like it is
Jul 18, 2003
Gatineau, QC
MHA said:
The players should have taken 42.5 million. They were playing poker with a poor hand and tried to bluff the pot. The owners had the better cards and this time did not fold. The players could have gotten more and now have lost big time.

To some extent i feel bad for the players, but their behaviour during the lockout has been abysmal, from going to Europe to the UHL, bad-mouthing people, and trying to make the fans think that they deserve to make not just millions but tens of millions.

I blame Goodenow because he was too chicken to tell the union that they had to take a salary-cap.

:biglaugh:

The players didn't lose anything but a season, they were not going to get anything other what the idiot owners who could not control themselves with spending and got themselves in this mess were going to give them.

The 42.5 million offer which has been talked about on here endlessly was a poor offer for the players because of the other consessions. They could get a 38 million dollar offer which would be better in the long run.

Basicly both sides are idiots and have done nothing over the last 10 years to do anything but wreck the game of hockey

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
NataSatan666 said:
:biglaugh:

The players didn't lose anything but a season, they were not going to get anything other what the idiot owners who could not control themselves with spending and got themselves in this mess were going to give them.

The 42.5 million offer which has been talked about on here endlessly was a poor offer for the players because of the other consessions. They could get a 38 million dollar offer which would be better in the long run.

Basicly both sides are idiots and have done nothing over the last 10 years to do anything but wreck the game of hockey

Players got offered that back in December, and with a $32m+ floor. They gambled, they are losing, and wasted a season for nothing.

zeppelin97

Mar 7, 2003
Visit site
Lets face it, both sides wanted a lockout, since both sides Planned for it. It was used as leverage to hurt the other side into caving in. BOTH sides need to be blamed.

The PA is very rich so i doubt they regret losing that much $$$ (maybe a little regret). The PA stance was a risk but it was worth it since obviously they could afford it. But I think they most cretainly regret losing a hockey season.

Goodenow should not be blamed for causing the lockout, but for being stupid. I have no idea what the hell he was thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad