Players Drafted in 2010 or Earlier that will make their respectice teams in 2010

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
Who do you think that was deafted in 2010 or earlier that has yet to play in the NHL will play in the 2011-2012 Season?

I think

Erik Gudbranson - Florida
Ryan Johansen - Columbus
Nino Niederreiter - NY Islanders
Brett Connolly - Tamba Bay
Evgeny Kuznetsov - Washington
Emerson Etem - Anaheim Ducks
Brayden Schenn - Los Angeles
Jared Cowen - Ottawa
Ryan Ellis - Nashville
Calvin de Haan - NY Islanders
Joe Colborne - Toronto
Jake Gardiner - Toronto
Cody Hodgson - Vancouver
Andrei Loktionov - Los Angeles

Jacob Markstrom - Florida
Braeden Holtby - Washington
Jake Allen - St.Louis

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
Kuznetsov is staying in the KHL this season, and Holtby will be in the AHL unless Varlamov is out of the picture for some reason (which isn't actually likely); I'm assuming you mean Holtby to be there from the start, since he's already played in the NHL as a callup. He'd certainly be up for that again though if that's all you meant.

The only Washington prospect that has a chance, really, is Cody Eakin I suppose. Even then it's probably a very slim chance. I guess Orlov could see a game or two at some point in the season, but I wouldn't bet on it.

zeus3007*

Most of the Oilers kids have already debuted, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Martin Marincin get a look part way through the year, depending on how he performs in the AHL of course.

Also, Holtby and Schenn have already played in the NHL, if that counts to the list.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Hoping Filatov will pull it together this year, but I remain skeptical.

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
Who do you think that was deafted in 2010 or earlier that has yet to play in the NHL will play in the 2011-2012 Season?

I think

Ryan Johansen - Columbus
Jared Cowen - Ottawa
Ryan Ellis - Nashville
Joe Colborne - Toronto
Jake Gardiner - Toronto
Cody Hodgson - Vancouver

Jake Allen - St.Louis

Ooops In the thread title I put make the team in 2010, I meant in 2011-2012

ct2111

Mar 29, 2009
Out of camp
Kassian - outside shot, almost certainly atleast a call-up
Pysyk - outside shot
Schiestel - depends on UFA signings and how good he has recovered from his knee injury
Brennan - outside shot, atleast a call-up

Call-ups
McNabb
Foligno
Tropp
Persson - outside shot
Biega - outside shot

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Jake Allen won't be on the Blues next year. We'll more thank likely sign a back up goalie (i.e. Jose Theodore) or Bishop will be the backup. Allen will get some seasoning in AHL and will be up here in about 2 more years

Zaphod

Mar 24, 2008
Victoria, BC
One of, if not both of, Barrie or Elliott will in line for a call-up with the Avs next season, with a chance at making the team out of camp.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Ryan Ellis isnt making Nashville. He'd be lucky to get a callup. (This assumung we make no moves)

Weber-Suter
Blum-Klein
Franson-SOB (UFA)
Boullion-Josi
Laakso-Ellis

Personally, I hope we trade Franson, let SOB walk, and carry 7 D with Josi and Ellis, but it wont happen

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Etem, Holland, and DSP all have a chance to at least get their 9 game look this season. The Ducks really lacked scoring from their bottom 6 and if any of these guys can infuse a bit of offense in to that they could be up to stay.

His Beardliness*

Ryan Ellis isnt making Nashville. He'd be lucky to get a callup. (This assumung we make no moves)

Weber-Suter
Blum-Klein
Franson-SOB (UFA)
Boullion-Josi
Laakso-Ellis

Personally, I hope we trade Franson, let SOB walk, and carry 7 D with Josi and Ellis, but it wont happen

You missed Mattias Ekholm. Probably not making it but he is no worse than Ellis. They ought to move someone for a scorer.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
You missed Mattias Ekholm. Probably not making it but he is no worse than Ellis. They ought to move someone for a scorer.

I had Ekholm and Roussel as the next pairing, but yes, we have a couple defensemen :laugh:

My plan is trade Franson and or Ellis this summer, but who knows? I've even heard rumblings that Suter and management aren't getting along, but that's pure speculation at this point. Poile has mention trading D prospects for scorers, so hopefully it'll come true.

YNWABoston

Aug 3, 2005
Boston, MA
For the Bruins Jordan Caron will most likely get a shot.

Ryan Spooner/Jared Knight- one of these two will make the team out of camp and take over Mark Recchis spot.

iBlaze81

Jan 18, 2010

I think

Ryan Johansen - Columbus
Jared Cowen - Ottawa
Ryan Ellis - Nashville
Joe Colborne - Toronto
Jake Gardiner - Toronto
Cody Hodgson - Vancouver

Jake Allen - St.Louis

If Toronto doesn't acquire a centre during the off-season then yes he makes the team

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Justin Faulk for the Carolina Hurricanes if we're unable to adequately replace Joni Pitkanen or resign him once he hits the market on July 1st. Our GM has said, "if he plays well enough to make the team, he'll make the team", or something to that effect. We signed him directly after his freshman season at MSD and their National Championship and one would think, unless we wanted to expedite his path to the AHL, that a promise of a long look in camp may have been included to draw him away from there.

One man's opinion here is that he's not going to make the team, but will spend half the season or more in the AHL depending upon his success down there and THEN be called up. But finances will dictate if we're able to replace via free agency or have to look from within to fill holes.

Ice Crusher

Apr 10, 2011
Quebec City
If Flash isn't re-sign which I highly doubt or Mueller doesn't recover soon from his injury, I could see Joey hishon make the second line of the Avs lineup next season. I could see a runner-up for a #6 spot at D between: Elliot, Barrie, Holos, Gaunce or even Chouinard!

Last edited:

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Jacob Josefson and Mattias Tedenby

The original poster was asking about players who hadn't yet played in the NHL yet, or had a prolonged stint like Josefson/Tedenby. At least from the Devils side:

- Adam Henrique - looked good in the season finale, but remains to be seen if the organization would rather have him in a bottom 6 (if not 4th line) NHL capacity, or at top 6 AHL spot.

- Alex Urbom - His chances will depend on what the Devils do to address the D. Another year in the AHL wouldn't hurt.

- Brandon Burlon/Eric Gelinas/Mike Hoeffel - Both will be first year pros, so most of us are expecting at least a full year in the AHL.

calcal798

Jun 2, 2010
London
He should make the team regardless. There isn't much out there, better ton spend money else where. I don't see Gardiner fitting in, who moves out... Komi maybe, and thats a big maybe with his contract

I dont think either of them will make the team out of camp. I think they will be call up this year and play the following year. D'amigo and Ryan I both think will have a game or two with the Leafs.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Gudbranson will make the Panthers. Markstrom won't. Tallon says he expects Gudbranson to start the season in Florida. He has said Markstrom needs more time in the AHL and has made no innuendos that Markstrom has any real chance of cracking the lineup.

Jeffrey Lebowski

The Chicago Little Lebowski Urban Achievers
Jul 31, 2009
North Side
For the Hawks... some of these guys have a shot to make the team permanently in 11-12:

Salak (almost certainly will)
Morin (depends how his injury/progression in AHL goes)
Kruger (will most likely be given every chance to make the team out of training camp)

xMARCStheSPOT

Oct 22, 2006
Sunnyvale, CA
For San Jose:

Stalock has a shot to be the backup if Nitty is moved but thats unlikely and they probably wont rush Alex after his injury. Braun played like 28 games this past season but could definitely win a permanent spot on the bottom pairing out of camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->