Player wishlist for the draft

loyst21

Jun 24, 2006
Windsor, ON
usually each year i have a few players in my mind that i want my favourite team to pick (calgary) and they never take any of them, this year i am taking a different approach and going right down the North American list and writing down any player i think will fit their needs (scoring centers first, defensemen: offensive and defensive, and more scoring up front), as well as knowing and following the player, thus wanting them to be on the flames... this way i dont think i will be disappointed

i am biased towards north american players, but it is mostly due to not being able to follow players from overseas..

so everyone post a list of 10-15 players (realistically based on where your teams are picking) and then after the draft we can see if any of our players were picked... heres mine (in somewhat of an order, the bottom is a little messed up); also i do realize calgary picks in the first and not again until the 5th, but maybe they will trade for some picks, i cant imagine sutter sitting around for 4 rounds and not picking

angelo esposito - c
zach hamill - c
brandon sutter - c
kevin shattenkirk - d
john blum - d
ian cole - d
stefan legein - rw
alex plante - d
maxime tanguay - c
dale mitchell - rw
tj brennan - d
josh godfrey - d
dustin jeffrey - c
jim o'brien - c
ted ruth - d
riley nash - c
zach torquato - c
mickey renaud - c

edit --
from what i have read about later picks i wouldnt mind alex killorn or nick bonino, im all about players going the college route

Last edited:

Divine Wind

My Oiler Wish List

At 6 ... Voracek or Alzner
At 15 ... Hamill or McDonagh
At 30 ... White or Cole
At 36 ... Legein or Plante

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
The Washington Capitals
5, 28, 34, i can't remember the other picks.

Jukab Voracek-RW
Sam Gagner-C
James O'Brien-C/D
Stefan Legein-RW
Teddy Ruth-D
Eric Tangradi-C
Bryan Cameron-C
Colby Cohen-D
Will Weber-D
Ben Blood-D
Charels-Antonie Messier-C
Justin Falk-D
Brendan Smith-D
Blake Kessel-D

TheTruth

May 15, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
I'm feeling lazy, so I'm just gonna go with a few I'd like to see the Leafs take at 13. They definitely need someone with a high ceiling, so no Gillies or Sutter-types please.

Angelo Esposito- crossing my fingers he falls this far.

Logan Couture- Upside highly underrated due to injury-related conditioning issues this season IMO. I'd be thrilled if he fell to us.

Alexei Cherapanov: Hopefully the lack of a transfer deal scares off a sufficient amount of teams.

Lars Eller: Anze Kopitar V.2?

MiKael Backlund: VERY underrated

Last edited:

loyst21

Jun 24, 2006
Windsor, ON
i agree with all of the oilers picks, pretty much what i have been seeing from mock drafts, with gagner thrown in as their possible 6th overall... if alzer falls that far that will be an unreal pick for the oil...

also, no matter what anyone says the potential of esposito to be great is too much i think to let him fall. gm's will be silly to let him slip past 13.. if the leafs pick him all the power to them and they will have a star in the future, but i really think the habs will make their fans happy and pick him if he is there

TheTruth

May 15, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
i agree with all of the oilers picks, pretty much what i have been seeing from mock drafts, with gagner thrown in as their possible 6th overall... if alzer falls that far that will be an unreal pick for the oil...

also, no matter what anyone says the potential of esposito to be great is too much i think to let him fall. gm's will be silly to let him slip past 13.. if the leafs pick him all the power to them and they will have a star in the future, but i really think the habs will make their fans happy and pick him if he is there

I really don't see any way Montreal lets Espo fall to the Leafs either. Just wishful thinking on my part I guess :D

DevilsFan38

Apr 21, 2004
Jersey
Players I'd like to see the Devils draft (some probably won't make it to their first pick, but with this draft it's hard to tell):

Riley Nash
Zach Torquato
Eric Tangradi
Nick Bonino
Nick Palmieri
Ted Ruth
Colby Cohen
T.J. Brennan
Taylor Ellington
Will Weber
Ben Blood
Dennis Reul

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I think "TheTruth" has a pretty good handle on who the Leafs will go for at 13. I'll give my input, it's not in any particular order just who could be picked.

Zach Hamill
Mikael Backlund
Lars Eller

Yeah I'm not overly expecting Esposito to drop there. Most likely one of those three would be selected. Though there is always that fear JFJ will select someone like Gillies.

Victory Ali*

My Vancouver Wish List

25 - Joakim Andersson (I'd really like Zach Hamill but he'll probably be gone by here)
33 - Akim Aliu
56 - Dale Mitchell
61 - Anthony Peluso

Timeless Winter

SaveD the Crew
Oct 13, 2006
Cleveland, Ohio
For the Blue Jackets :

at 7th : Jakub Voracek, Alexei Cherepanov, Lars Eller, or Mikael Backlund.

2nd round picks : Luca :eek::eek::eek::eek:i, Vladimir Ruzicka, Riley Nash, or Max Goncharov

RipCityPuckers

Jun 16, 2007
Toronto
As a Leaf fan I think Espo would be awsome. He would shut Grapes' mouth about needing more NA players. Another guy I liked is Jonathan Blum but the Leafs dont need another D man.

On a side note, why is Tyler Sexsmith rated so low? I thought he was the best goalie in the draft? If he isn't who is?

Alfie Turcotte

Jun 14, 2007
Montreal
My wish list for Montreal

#12 Esposito / Shattenkirk / McDonaugh
#22 Mayorov / Eller / Backlund (if any slips...)
#43 Kevin Veilleux / Goncharov / Ted Ruth / Alex Plante
#66 and # 72 Alex Grant / David Stich / Olivier Fortier / Jesse Jyrkkio / Craig Smith

Late rounds : Oliver Lauridsen /Josef Tichy / Adam Bourque-Leblanc / Maxime Cliche.

stoll_16

Jul 13, 2006
Oilers

6th- Gagner, Voracek, Alzner
15th- Hammil, Cherepanov
30th- Gillies, Blum

________

Feb 6, 2006
Dallas
50th Nico Sacchetti
64th Reid Ellingson or Jake Hansen
172th Micheal Connolly.
Don't really care as much about #94, #112 or #136, but hopefully picks with high upside, since I don't really know who'd fall to about that range right now.

Ducks_è_Halos

Feb 8, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
profile.myspace.com
It's so difficult to predict who will be available when in this draft and I've seen so many different rankings that it's tough to compare players.

For the Ducks' 1st pick at 16, I'm hoping for any of the following players--in no particular order:

-Pacioretty
-Sweatt
-Sutter
-Espo--if he's still available, I think he may be worth the risk
-Petrecki
-Shattenkirk
- Blum
-McDonagh

Not sure the likelihood of the following list of players still being available in the next 2 rounds Anaheim has picks in but I've been intrigued by what I've read on them:

For their 3rd & 4th rounders ( 62 or 63, 91, 92, 93, 98, and 121):

-Spalling
-Malone
-Torquato
-Lahey
-Killorn
-Caputi
-Brennan
-Fortier
-McCrae
-Aulie

After that, I'd have too much trouble picking out players I like from later rounds, though I wouldn't mind them taking Kevin Du with their 7th rounder (if Du is still available and the Ducks don't transfer the pick to Columbus) because I appreciate his story.

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
For Montreal.

Lars Eller
Ryan McDonagh
Backlund
Sweatt
Mayorov
Shattenkirk
Andersson
Hamill
Hjalmarsson
Couture
Pacioretty
Hoeffel
Brennan
Kokkala
Goncharov

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
For Montreal, I'd like:

12th: Eller/Backlund/McDonagh or Cherepanov if he drops
22nd: Backlund/Eller (drops) or Pacioretty
43rd: Brennan, Aliu or Tanguay
Later rounds: Kevin Marshall, Max Gratchev and David Skokan would make me happy

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
I think the only time the Coyotes picked someone off my wishlist was Ladislav Kouba (Mueller doesnt really count as an obvious choice). Kouba was a somewhat popular HF late-round sleeper. He's doing very well these days.. for the Sundogs in the CHL.

I dont make wishlists anymore ;)

Dwight

The French Tickler
Jul 8, 2006
West Island
Montreal:

12th: Couture/Eller/Hamill/Ellerby
22nd: Moller/Petrecki/SHattenkirk

Other: Zach Torquato, Patrick White, David Stich, Casey Pierro-Zabotel, Colton Yellowhorn

DB21

Jun 11, 2007
My hopefulls for the HABS

with there 12th Pick - Esposito(if still available)
or - Nick Ross ( solid can't go wrong pick)

With there 22nd Pick - GILLIES ( please )
or - Oscar Moller ( if still available )

Third round hopefull

with there 63rd pick - Justin Mcrae (Carboneau and Gainey type player)

xMenace

Sep 16, 2005
Rothesay, NB
My wish list for Montreal

#12 Esposito / Shattenkirk / McDonaugh
#22 Mayorov / Eller / Backlund (if any slips...)
#43 Kevin Veilleux / Goncharov / Ted Ruth / Alex Plante
#66 and # 72 Alex Grant / David Stich / Olivier Fortier / Jesse Jyrkkio / Craig Smith

Late rounds : Oliver Lauridsen /Josef Tichy / Adam Bourque-Leblanc / Maxime Cliche.

I predict Alex Grant will go #41 to San Jose. The Beaulieu - Hunter connection is still strong.

vincetheprince

Mar 28, 2007
My Vancouver Wish List

25 - Joakim Andersson (I'd really like Zach Hamill but he'll probably be gone by here)
33 - Akim Aliu
56 - Dale Mitchell
61 - Anthony Peluso

We dont have #56 anymore.
For Vancouver

25-Oscar Moller
33-Patrick White
61-Stefan Legein(I think he will be gone though)
3rd round-Colton Yellow Horn
Maybe forwards and defensemen with size with the other picks(my wishlist has alot of small players)

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
It's so hard to determine where players will go (at least for me personally). I'll just throw out a list. I think most can guess approximately what round they would go.

For the Leafs (all rounds):

Couture
Backlund
Eller
Cole
Plante
Andersson
Hjalmarsson
Korostin
Tanguay
Goncharov
Cohen
Nash
Gratchev
Bashkirov twins
Palmieri
Owuya
Engstrand
Reul
Vorobyev
Vaive
Jeffery
Negrin
Renaud
Bastien

Something like that, I'd be suffice with any of those players in 1-7. I also have other options, but there's just too many.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad