Player Position Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Can we move players back to positions they were last year, even if they don't play there anymore? For instance, I was planning on Jason Blake being a center for my team, but he has been moved to left wing, can I still move him back to center?

HFNHL Red Wings

I can give my opinion but of course this is not my decision to make.

Generally we have allowed players to stay at positions no longer listed as valid but once they have been changed you cannot move them back. In this case the players were changed based on the ratings file and not by the GM's request.
One option that may be considered is this:
Allow teams a one time window to change plyaers back to where they were last season (we have the final roster file from last season backed up somewhere for proof) that would end at the end of the preseason. After that date this argument would no longer be accepted and a GM could only change to a position listed from one of our approved sites (TSN, ESPN, and WayMoreSports).

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
The way we have usually done it is that players stay in the same position as they were last year - regardless of whether the new ratings page gives a new position (Dion, take note of this).

If you would like to move a player to a new position, you must simply reference the new position as Drew mentioned (TSN, espn or whatever).

So if you signed, traded or just planned on keeping a player based on their position from last year, that is fine. The new ratings file was basically taken from an updated ratings file from an other league and is not meant to re-position players or to be the defacto position of each player.

If for some reason your player's position changes in the ratings update, simply make a request to move him back to his old position based on the old position (or a reference).

Damn, I hope that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->