Speculation: Player most likely to be traded this weekend?

Which Blues Player Most Likely To Be Dealt This Weekend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
If we’re trying to get back into the 1st round, I would expect Schenn to be the one dealt. If it’s other picks, maybe Allen or Steen if we’re lucky. Fabbri, Edmundson, Sanford would be in package deals for a LHD upgrade IMO.

parliamentlite

Feb 26, 2019
I don't think any of them are likely to be moved, but wouldn't be shocked to see a trade either.

If I had to wildly speculate on the chances for each of these options based on the tea leaves at the bottom of my cup, they would be:

Allen-25% Fabbri-20% Schenn-15% Eddy-10% Sanford-5% The field-10%

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Ed due to cap reasons. Gunny would be cheaper to re-sign.

I think Fabbri has a similar chance to Ed, as I believe Army could use Fabbri as a extra bit to get more value out of an Ed trade.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Blues are batshit insane if they move Schenn right now. And I don’t care he only has 1 year left on his contract. Try to work something out and if you can’t, you have until the deadline to move him.

Don’t be one of those teams that does this a week after winning it all.

We shouldn’t see anything major. There’s no reason to.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Blues are bat**** insane if they move Schenn right now. And I don’t care he only has 1 year left on his contract. Try to work something out and if you can’t, you have until the deadline to move him.

Don’t be one of those teams that does this a week after winning it all.

We shouldn’t see anything major. There’s no reason to.
We either trade Schenn in the next couple of weeks or don't trade him.

Trading him into next season sends the wrong message to the team and such a significant change to the make up of our roster is difficult to overcome. We seen that when we moved Shattenkirk, who was a lot less important. Pietrangelo stepped up his offense in the regular season, but the changes in usage hurt us in the playoffs that year.

I'm fine if the decision is to keep Schenn and go for it for another year, and hope that something might change.

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
I picked Allen because you can't have a backup Goalie making 5 times what the starter does. Plus he has value in a trade IMO. There are probably half a dozen teams at least where he is an upgrade and he may been seen as a "change of scenery" candidate to those teams. I think the writing is on the wall for Edmonson also. Signing Bort last year kind of makes Eddy redundant. That and his uneven play last year make him an obvious trade candidate to me. Do we even still have Schmaltz under contract?

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
I picked Allen because you can't have a backup Goalie making 5 times what the starter does. Plus he has value in a trade IMO. There are probably half a dozen teams at least where he is an upgrade and he may been seen as a "change of scenery" candidate to those teams. I think the writing is on the wall for Edmonson also. Signing Bort last year kind of makes Eddy redundant. That and his uneven play last year make him an obvious trade candidate to me. Do we even still have Schmaltz under contract?
After winning with size on D, I’d be reluctant to let Edmundson go. Plus he might bounce back strong next yr. Remember that great post season he had a couple years ago.

I agree on Allen. Definitely a change of scenery candidate.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
With speculation that Blues may try to gain additional picks, how will they do so?

Who was speculating? Reliable source? I hadn't heard anything, butI have been busy and out of the loop. I haven't been able to follow the pre-draft rumors as much as I usually do. And its been impossible to keep up with the forum with all the post-cup posting going on.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Schenn - I think he proved his value in the Cup run; I'll be shocked if he gets moved now.

Allen - I think he's a trade candidate, but not yet. Other pieces will have to move around the league, or the ask price will have to be kind of low.

Edmundson - he'll be 26 in a week; Gunnarsson will be 33 in November. If we had any kind of depth in the system on defense, I'd say "OK, I can see moving him." Again, though, he's 26 - and right now our best bets on defense are Mitch Reinke (5/6/7 guy), Niko Mikkola (max 6/7 guy), and Jake Walman (who's a question mark right now). No way in hell I deal Edmundson at this point.

Schmaltz - if you can find a taker, sure. Pretty sure the book is out on him, though; I think at best you're getting a 5th for him.

kimzey has it right: as far as most likely to go this weekend, Schmaltz is probably it. Anyone else waits until the cap is set and most of the dust falls.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
4m Jake Allen in a backup role screams trade bait. He's more than earned my respect as a person, the guy is stand up all the way but I never want to see him netmind another Blues game ever again.

That 4m space will help pay Schenn, who we need to keep.

Reactions: CaliBlues710

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
4m Jake Allen in a backup role screams trade bait. He's more than earned my respect as a person, the guy is stand up all the way but I never want to see him netmind another Blues game ever again.

That 4m space will help pay Schenn, who we need to keep.

I agree with this. Try and sign Talbot to a one year, cheaper “prove it” deal, and if that doesn’t work, bring Moose back for a year.

While being able to give us the ability to bring back Schenn, it would also give us space to sign someone like Ferland, to replace Maroon on the third line.

I’d also like to move Steen as well, but I doubt it actually happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad