Player from '05 draft most likely to make quickest impact?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluesman

Aug 3, 2005
Aside from Crosby, of course. This isn't really about which players will be the quickest to play (as that would still be up in there air right now), but the ones that will come in and make the biggest impact at the earliest time.

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
Staal. He has been terrific in camp and is even dressing for the first game tomorrow. He's been better than a lot of the vets on defense and I honestly think that we will see him make the team out of camp next year. Rozival is hurt and the team hasn't commented on Staal other than that he will play in the games. So we'll see, Sather is an idiot so I wouldnt be shocked to see him for the 10 games and be sent back to juniors (is that still the rule?).

Last edited:

AgentNaslund*

Luc Bourdon has real shot at making the team next season. Ask any Canuck fan that watched him durin trainning camp. NHL Skating quality and puck movement for his age. Fastest Defencemen out there, Only JovoCop was faster. No matter what he does, Canucks are sending him down to Val Dor, but either way, hes gonna play in the NHL sooner then a few guys that were picked ahead of him.

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
NYRangers said:
Staal. He has been terrific in camp and is even dressing for the first game tomorrow. He's been better than a lot of the vets on defense and I honestly think that we will see him make the team out of camp next year. Rozival is hurt and the team hasn't commented on Staal other than that he will play in the games. So we'll see, Sather is an idiot so I wouldnt be shocked to see him for the 10 games and be sent back to juniors (is that still the rule?).

Just saw this in Newsday...

Though he's still considered a longshot to make the team, assistant general manager Don Maloney said yesterday that Staal has forced management and the coaches to give him a long look.

Uh oh

AgentNaslund*

King Henry I said:
I wouldn't be stunned to see Staal playing with the Rangers. There isn't exactly a glut of talent on defense and it would go an awful long way tworads explaining to fans how the "youth movement" turned into deals for Rucinsky and Nylander.

dont worry. Staal will not make the Rangers. Well if they wanna miss the playoffs for the 9th year in a row, ok, then you play Marc Staal.

kdb209

Jan 26, 2005
I'd be very surprised if any first round '05 draftee (other than Crosby) gets any/much NHL time this season - maybe <10 games at the start of the season to give them a taste or an April call-up after his Junior season is over, but that's it. In this post-CBA capped out world, inexpensive ELS player years are too valuable to burn.

If an 18 or 19 yo rookie plays 10 or more games, his ELS contract ages (otherwise it gets extended another year) and he becomes an RFA sooner.

If he plays 40+ games, he gets an Accrued Season and is a year closer to UFA status. A kid who plays at 18 is a UFA at 25. No team (except the Pens) will trade a year or two of 18/19yo production for the peak production of a 25 or 26 yo.

Bluesman

Aug 3, 2005
Wow, almost all the replies are in support of a defenseman making the impact...at this rate I'd expect a Price or Rask nomination.

David Catselhoff

Jan 14, 2005
Kopitar has been impressive, and if it wasnt for the fact that Anze wanted to go back to Sweden, he would probably get split duty between LA and Manchester.

henri2014

Jul 30, 2005
Ill say Latendresse could make a big impact in Montréal because we really need that type of player, hes the perfect macth for Montréal

knight44

Jul 31, 2005
Toronto
T.J. Hensick this gy has alot of upside, he wont play this season but may play next, i think he will help he avs alot.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Parent was great in camp. Suter and Weber are the only ones i see making it before him. And they might make the team this year...look for Parent to be in Preds uniform very soon.

Bourdon is another one. I think he just needs one season in the minors and he's ready to go.

Kendel McCardle is another guy. He has good size as it is and can be valuable on the third line in as early as 2 years.

With the size of Sasha Pukoloc. He can be called up soon. But he's soo boring to watch...too slow :shakehead

A darkhorse...Swedish forward Johan Dahlberg of the leafs can really challenge for the spot on their checking line very soon. :)

KStewart113

Jun 21, 2005
Luc Bourdon, he is one of the best, if not the best skater from the draft. Has an excellent point shot, is responsible in his own end, would excel with Crawford's offensive style where the d-men join the rush.

Latendresse has shown some nice shows, but if he keeps it up in the reg. season we'll see.

Some others if they make their teams: Bobby Ryan, Jordan Lavallee, Devin Setoguchi, and of course Gilbert Brule.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Eb0la11 said:
Lol over Klein Weber Suter Hamhuis timonen zidlicky eaton and others? Hes not even that great.

There's a quality reply. "He's not even that great". Good breakdown of his abilities. Parent will be back to junior for the simple fact that he is too far down the depth chart and would be better served dominating at the junior level. If you don't think he's that great then you better go watch him a bit more.

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
Kalus, 05 2nd rounder for the B's has been having a very good camp and has received praise from management & Sullivan - he's 18 but has looked good with the vets. He'll go back to juniors as the B's are very deep on forward but expect a suprize in camp next year for a top 6 job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad