Player Discussion: Tyler Bertuzzi

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
i love bertuzzi's game. He's like a better version of abdelkader in every way. More skill, better shot, better pest, better IQ, better facial structure, better facial hair, better flow, dad was better hockey player, grew up in a better neighborhood, is from a better hockey country, got better grade on kindergarden art project, had better scooter tricks, better yu-gi-oh collection, etc

i could go on and on

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
i love bertuzzi's game. He's like a better version of abdelkader in every way. More skill, better shot, better pest, better IQ, better facial structure, better facial hair, better flow, dad was better hockey player, grew up in a better neighborhood, is from a better hockey country, got better grade on kindergarden art project, had better scooter tricks, better yu-gi-oh collection, etc

i could go on and on
Who is is Dad again? He is Berts sisters boy lol.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Bertuzzi better bring better than the weak shit he showed last year.
I know he's not the greatest skater in the world, but he can show more intensity than he showed last year.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I don’t really care what he does in the regular season. If we ever make the playoffs with him in our organization still that is where he shines.

He does need to improve in some regards to make sure he’s still good there though

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I've pretty much given any up hope that he'll ever develop into something beyond serviceable in the bigs. Proven he can rock the AHL, but that isn't uncommon. Many players make AHL careers for themselves.

Hope he proves me wrong.

Rather Turgeon called up instead, honestly. This might be Berts last chance to impress.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
I've pretty much given any up hope that he'll ever develop into something beyond serviceable in the bigs. Proven he can rock the AHL, but that isn't uncommon. Many players make AHL careers for themselves.

Hope he proves me wrong.

Rather Turgeon called up instead, honestly. This might be Berts last chance to impress.

If he can make the NHL then even serviceable is good for the Wings. There's still time he could become more. Was an early '95 and will be 23 in February. IMO he looked rather weak and physically undeveloped last season, and he might need even another year to fill out. The report of skill and grit is right on; Bertuzzi plays with an edge I love and has scored at every level. I have to imagine he has the tools to surpass Frk, Pulkkinen, and Jurco. ~25 guys from 2013 have passes him in gp so yeah he's expected to start having an effect but this is no where near his last chance.

I'd sure as hell rather he gets a season of games as a look than stale ass David Booth.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Odd you mention David Booth because he's been scoring and getting nice looks. I think he'll return a (free) pick at deadline.

Just like Steve Ott it wouldn't be a free pick: we pay with our eyes having to watch this sideshow lol.

Booth is washed up and worthless. What team would give up a 7th rounder for that? Also I don't buy for a second that stockpiling 3-7 round picks is very helpful replenishing our talent pool or a sign that the Wings are actually rebuilding. Sucking does not necessarily = rebuilding.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Just like Steve Ott it wouldn't be a free pick: we pay with our eyes having to watch this sideshow lol.

Booth is washed up and worthless. What team would give up a 7th rounder for that? Also I don't buy for a second that stockpiling 3-7 round picks is very helpful replenishing our talent pool or a sign that the Wings are actually rebuilding. Sucking does not necessarily = rebuilding.

Hakan Andersson is suppose to be the best in the business at finding late round gems. If this is, in fact true, then give the man all the ammunition he needs to get'em. So yes... those 5th-7h round picks could hopefully garnish a prize.

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London

Bit harsh after 4 points in 9 games and a plus rating average about 7 minutes a night. He's certainly not the future, and we all hope Bertuzzi out-performs him, but Booth is far from the worst 4th liner we've had in recent years...

Reactions: Grimm

Grimm

Jul 21, 2017
Bert needs to play with nasty. He was vanilla in his call up, and never seemed to get "into it." When the kid gets dialed in he can play some hockey. Very smart player.

I can see him as a third liner for us in the future.

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Surprised by the response to this news. Guess people aren't that high on him at all.

I'm excited for Bert to get another shot. He'll look better if he's not glued to Glendening's wing. I think he can be a really good complementary piece to some of our skill guys.

bellringer77

Nov 14, 2017
I'm not a big fan of his. He pissed me off a lot taking dumb penalties at bad times in Grand Rapids. Hopefully he's cleaned up his game a bit. He has decent upside if he can translate his game in the AHL into the big league. But I guess that's everyone's goal lol

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Surprised by the response to this news. Guess people aren't that high on him at all.

I'm excited for Bert to get another shot. He'll look better if he's not glued to Glendening's wing. I think he can be a really good complementary piece to some of our skill guys.

What is it with this board? "This extremely marginal emergency call-up needs to play on the top line!"

Every. single. time.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I hope he can make an impact. There is a lot about his game that this team could use some nights. I really doubt Bertuzzi lets us go through a game as dead in terms of energy as we have lately. I mean they miss Witkowski and Bert is a huge upgrade in terms of competing your team to engage into games in a big way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad