Player discussion : Nicolas Roy

doumtang

May 14, 2012
Hey guys, I don't get to watch your live feed, but I come here to read your games discussions.

Nicolas and I are from the same hometown in the Québec province. I wanted to know how is it going for him this year. I know he only has 1 goal and 1 assist in 10 games, but how is his play in general ? Seems like he plays quite often in PK.

Thank you !

I also get to see him sometimes, he is a very good kid, also really polite. He came to my house this summer to sign autographs for people who are in the same FB card collectors group as me.

123002570_10158894495194712_6387523804256627505_n.jpg

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Hey guys, I don't get to watch your live feed, but I come here to read your games discussions.

Nicolas and I are from the same hometown in the Québec province. I wanted to know how is it going for him this year. I know he only has 1 goal and 1 assist in 10 games, but how is his play in general ? Seems like he plays quite often in PK.

Thank you !

I also get to see him sometimes, he is a very good kid, also really polite. He came to my house this summer to sign autographs for people who are in the same FB card collectors group as me.

View attachment 395156

Dude is a motor with legs. He's on our third line, which has been a pretty snakebit line through our history, but Roy, Tuch and Glass have looked better than any third we've had. He's also been played on 4th successfully before because he is willing to throw his body into it, too.

I wouldn't worry about his points too much. He is carrying his weight on this team and I'm elated we have him.

Reactions: doumtang

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
In fact, if there is any way you can watch the game tonight (if it's played), Roy should be centering the fourth line. Nosek is out and they moved Kolesar in for Roy to move him to Nosek's center position.

doumtang

May 14, 2012
In fact, if there is any way you can watch the game tonight (if it's played), Roy should be centering the fourth line. Nosek is out and they moved Kolesar in for Roy to move him to Nosek's center position.

Would it be like a demotion ? Since Glass and Tuch are better than Carrier and Reaves. Or they would let him play to his natural position ?

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Would it be like a demotion ? Since Glass and Tuch are better than Carrier and Reaves. Or they would let him play to his natural position ?

It's more an example of his usefulness than a demotion. He'll be leading a heavyweight line with Reaves and Carrier. As he matures, this guy will be like a Chandler Stephenson who can contribute to any line in any position.

doumtang

May 14, 2012
Sounds good ! Thank you for your replies.

Yeah, he seems to be able to play at any position, an with anyone, since he became a Knight. Really happy that he found his place on a pro team.

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
Centering the 4th line is his best fit actually. I’m waiting for them to move Glass to the top line because I envision a blistering fast 3rd line in the future: Krebs-Stephenson-Tuch.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Centering the 4th line is his best fit actually. I’m waiting for them to move Glass to the top line because I envision a blistering fast 3rd line in the future: Krebs-Stephenson-Tuch.

That can't come soon enough. I'm hopeful they make some trades to clear some winger slots for young guys.

doumtang

May 14, 2012
Was sure off to a slow start and had 22 games without a goal.

I think the last 2 he scored were pretty cool tho. That was a hell of a snipe to beat Binnington and avoid a shutout against the Blues. And a nice dangle yesterday too. Seems like he's getting more confident the last 10 games or so :)

I'm pretty happy for him !

doumtang

May 14, 2012
Now 7 pts in the last 9. 4 goals in the last 7 games !

everything is about confidence I guess !

What’s HF thinks about his game lately?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->