Player discussion Jacob Trouba

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
What the heck you guys?

Trouba not wanting to stay in Winnipeg has been a source of discussion on this board for years. Now, for the very first time, we are being told "Trouba wants to sign long term in Winnipeg" and you guys want to immediately start arguing about how much he is worth?

Sheesh. Put down the arm chair GM hats for a moment and just revel in this.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
What the heck you guys?

Trouba not wanting to stay in Winnipeg has been a source of discussion on this board for years. Now, for the very first time, we are being told "Trouba wants to sign long term in Winnipeg" and you guys want to immediately start arguing about how much he is worth?

Sheesh. Put down the arm chair GM hats for a moment and just revel in this.

Your right about that Yukon -- I guess being on a Stanley Cup contender, and playing in front of sold out crowds does that to you. Also Trouba seeing Statsny coming here, didn't hurt as well--insofar as him "changing his mind."

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
He actually contributes quite bit offensively at ES. Both him and Morrissey do. Trouba just hasn't figured out how to contribute on the PP which ultimately puts a lower ceiling on his point totals and will ultimately limit what kind of cash he will make.
I would disagree on the PP. He really has not been given the opportunity to show what he can do. The Capitals are my second team and I have watched John Carlson for years and he has just recently been given the chance to show what he can do on the Power Play and now is amazing. I think Trouba can be as good or better than Carlson as Trouba is more physical. We are forgetting he is still only 24 years old. the best is yet to come.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->