Player discussion: Ilya Sorokin

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
Hey all,

First time poster over here. One of the Isles prospects, Ilya Sorokin, G CSKA seems to be having a fantastic year this year and supposedly had a great game yesterday in the tournament. I know he is signed for a few more years, but i am just very excited about his development and was wondering if anyone could give a bit more insight to his expectations, ceiling, development, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
He was very promising when still in Kuznya, so it's not a surprise he's having stellar stats on a powerhouse team.

I think he has all the abilty to be a great goaltender: good size, very quick, has great reflexes. His positional game is still pretty weak, and I recall Ilya having a bad rebound control, but it can be taught.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
He was very promising when still in Kuznya, so it's not a surprise he's having stellar stats on a powerhouse team.

I think he has all the abilty to be a great goaltender: good size, very quick, has great reflexes. His positional game is still pretty weak, and I recall Ilya having a bad rebound control, but it can be taught.

thanks! I'm really excited to keep following his progress

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad