Player Discussion: Christian Dvorak

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Getting closer to the halfway point. What are everyone's thoughts on Dvorak?

23 Games, 2g, 6a, 8p. AVG TOI/G 14:29 and 42% FO%

I feel like he has been a great two way player who could slot in as a great 4C borderline 3C on any team right now. However he is getting an expanded role in AZ and doesn't look out of place. I've been a little underwhelmed by his offense but the entire team hasn't really been lighting it up and he hasn't had consistent line-mates.

Still confident that he become a great 2C or are we looking at more of a 3C? Obviously it's early into his career and I was still hoping he would have been able to play in the AHL for the majority of this season, but I'm curious of everyone's thoughts so far.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Jooris claim + Holland trade makes me think he's going down to Tucson eventually.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I don't want him to be another 3rd line plug. Since this season is lost realistically, I wouldn't mind seeing him in Tucson as the #1 center

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Tipp evaluates based on 10 game segments. I believe his second segment was better than his first, so that's good news for Dvorak.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I'd be surprised if we don't send Dvorak down to jumpstart his offense. That being said I just purchased a personalized Christian Dvorak shirt from Coyote website.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I'd be surprised if we don't send Dvorak down to jumpstart his offense. That being said I just purchased a personalized Christian Dvorak shirt from Coyote website.

I don't see it happening. Tippett realized by now that Martinook is no top6 Center and I doubt he's gonna hand a top6 spot to one of the new guys. They're no top6 Centers anyway. Jooris can play in the top6 if necessary but not as a Center.

Anyway, Dvorak has been playing well lately. He even got some praise from Tippett lately and that's saying something.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Some periods he's very noticeable. Then the next I don't notice him. Needs to be more consistent.

Going down to the AHL could be good for him. It would make it easier for him to be consistently dominant. Put up some points, gain some confidence. I think tearing up the AHL really helped Perlini make the jump.

strizzy16

Welcome to Life, 2.0
Mar 6, 2012
somewhere south
I mean consistency is always a problem with rookies. i think that we basically got spoiled last year because duclair and domi were two of the most consistent players on the team, and this year that is totally the opposite. this is normal with non- mcdavid or eichel rookies

I have been meaning to go through and make a chart of some comparable beginning-of-career stats to Strome, like, I remember a conversation a couple of months ago comparing Strome to Joe Thornton sitting in the press box for much of his rookie year, and i'm interested to see comparable players like Thornton, Kopitar, Barkov, etc, and how they developed year to year. I would also be interested to see something like that for Dvorak. Anyone have an idea of who they would compare Dvorak to, if he hits his ceiling?

Personally I was originally thinking of him as more of a 2C, not a 3C , when he is in his prime for us. Mostly because he showed a lot of offensive potential for London... showed some offensive creativity, could really snipe it, etc. So far I'd say he has been good defensively and on the forecheck, but has not shown very much offensive creativity in his short NHL career. I think that going to Tucson as their 1C would really help his confidence in this regard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad