Player Discussion: Adam Gaudette (#882)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
He better not be going back for his senior year. Hes good enough to sign an NHL contract.

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
I don't think we will have any trouble at all signing him.. I mean there was an interview awhile back that said he is very excited to sign with the Canucks.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Canucks most 'under-the-radar' prospect right now.....not easy to lead the NCAA Div I in overall scoring.....and its not like Northeastern is really a powerhouse team like Boeser's ND team of a couple of seasons ago. They need to get this kid signed in and in the NHL by the end of the year....hard not to get pumped with Horvat, Pettersson and Gaudette down the middle, all three of them well under 25.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I don't think Gaudette would go to free agency. Seems to really enjoy being part of the org.

I'm guessing he'll get the Boeser treatment at the end of the year.

Do people honestly think he is going to go back to school for another year, play the whole season, then sit and wait through the whole 2019 off-season until he can become a UFA in August when the market has dried up and he's nearly 23 years old? Just so he can sign with a different team? Why? It makes no sense. Meanwhile if he signs with us this season he can burn a year off his ELC and have just one more ELC year left at the same time he would have otherwise been just entering into it.

He will sign and probably sooner rather than later. It is worth worrying about as much as it's worth worrying about getting struck by lightning.

Sedinery14

Jan 7, 2018
Winnipeg
Do people honestly think he is going to go back to school for another year, play the whole season, then sit and wait through the whole 2019 off-season until he can become a UFA in August when the market has dried up and he's nearly 23 years old? Just so he can sign with a different team? Why? It makes no sense. Meanwhile if he signs with us this season he can burn a year off his ELC and have just one more ELC year left at the same time he would have otherwise been just entering into it.

He will sign and probably sooner rather than later. It is worth worrying about as much as it's worth worrying about getting struck by lightning.

Yeah, exactly. He'll make some sick cash right at the end of the year.

I just don't know who comes out for him. Sutter and Gagner sure aren't, unless they play Gags on the wing. Maybe Gaunce? This team has a log jam of mediocre to bad centres.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Also he's basically guaranteed to walk into a prime top 9 role with other guys around his age and he has a bit of swagger like a Kesler to deal with a hockey market.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Also he's basically guaranteed to walk into a prime top 9 role with other guys around his age and he has a bit of swagger like a Kesler to deal with a hockey market.
And he said he cant wait to join the guys in Vancity and loves the org and changed his twitter photo recently to a Canucks jersey and follows Boeser on twitter all the time but apparently they dont like each other that much cause of some rivalry and Gaudette is a conservative guy and Boeser is pretty far left wing politically

Furthermore 4 point night 5 point weekend hes a BEAST screw the top 9 talk hes IMMEDATELY going 2c

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Yeah, exactly. He'll make some sick cash right at the end of the year.

I just don't know who comes out for him. Sutter and Gagner sure aren't, unless they play Gags on the wing. Maybe Gaunce? This team has a log jam of mediocre to bad centres.
Hopefully Jim doesn't forget to trade people at the deadline again, Vanek out and Gaudette takes his wing spot.

Reactions: FeelTheFlow

lawrence

May 19, 2012
no doubt in my mind this guy is probably good enough to play on our weak team right now.

Reactions: timw33

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
At the top of the scoring heap in the NCAA right now.....don't follow other teams and NCAA divisions that closely, but if Gaudette continues to light it up could he be candidate for the Hobey Baker Award? Would be something to have the Hobey Baker winner and the Calder winner in the same season.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
At the top of the scoring heap in the NCAA right now.....don't follow other teams and NCAA divisions that closely, but if Gaudette continues to light it up could he be candidate for the Hobey Baker Award? Would be something to have the Hobey Baker winner and the Calder winner in the same season.

Tbh i think his linemate sikura wins the hobey over him.

If he goes the FA honestly he is a must sign

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
Canucks most 'under-the-radar' prospect right now.....not easy to lead the NCAA Div I in overall scoring.....and its not like Northeastern is really a powerhouse team like Boeser's ND team of a couple of seasons ago. They need to get this kid signed in and in the NHL by the end of the year....hard not to get pumped with Horvat, Pettersson and Gaudette down the middle, all three of them well under 25.

UND was also in a powerhouse division. That division was the best in years. The nchc was so strong

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
no doubt in my mind this guy is probably good enough to play on our weak team right now.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad