Player Differences

Discussion in 'EA Sports NHL' started by GOilers88, Sep 23, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. GOilers88

GOilers88 Registered User

Do you guys find much of a difference between players? Once again in my Oilers franchise, I find it hard to tell if there's any difference between Jujhar Khaira and Connor McDavid.

Just got shut down hard by Boston and had Brandon Carlo chase down McD on THREE separate clear cut breakaways.

2. Elvs

Elvs Registered User

Sports writer
    I'm in the minority here but yes. But the thing is me and my buddy always play position lock in be a GM, and after enough games of controlling just one position at the time, you start feeling how the players are different. Frankly, irl isn't too much different. Lots of players just look the same at first glance. It's not until you've seen them in a few games you can tell how they are different. But of course, most people don't play with position lock so I understand where you are coming from. I felt a bigger differance between players in the 360 generation games.

3. Victorious Secret

Victorious Secret EVERYBODY PANIC

If you don't find much of a difference, turn up 'Attribute Effects'. Players ratings should be less normalized during game play.

17of26 likes this.
  4. Skin Tape Session

Skin Tape Session Registered User

I always always always put attributes effect players or whatever its called at max. If you play on full sim you can feel a difference, in arcade or close to it you cant

5. Tak7

Tak7 Registered User

Turning up attribute effects barely helps - it only changes a player's movement (some will skate faster than others), but that's about it.

This has been my single biggest complaint for years now - all the players feel far too similar to one another. I don't need Ovechkin if I can do the same things with Jesper Fast.

6. boltsy

boltsy Registered User

I thought NHL 18 was a positive one in terms of player differences. NHL 19 is again a step back in time. I created a team with players in the 50-60 range but I'm still able to beat 75-80 overall teams even with attribute effects on maximum.

Edit: played another couple of games with my team in 50-60 range on full sim on SUPERSTAR level. My goalie 58 overall still makes unbelieveable saves on 40 shots and I shoot 10 times on net and still win 2-0 vs CPU. HOW??

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018