Player and team both happy with Ho-Sang's move to IceDogs

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
josh_ho_sang_niagara_020615.jpg
Photo: Niagara IceDogs forward and New York Islanders prospect Josh Ho-Sang is currently ranked eighth in assists in the OHL with 48 in 43 games (courtesy of Claus Andersen/Getty Images)

On the ice, he’s dynamic, exhilarating, and at times frustrating. Off the ice, he’s refreshingly honest, self-assured, and — yes — cocky. As a first-round pick of the New York Islanders, Josh Ho-Sang has been picked apart and scrutinized. And not only does he profess to not care about what people think; he also feels they’re not seeing the real him.

“I just kind of laugh at [people who criticize him].… read more

The post Player and team both happy with Ho-Sang’s move to IceDogs appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Tend to think teams like Montreal, Toronto, passing on this player when they did will surely come back to haunt him. Cockey or not he puts butts in the seats and can , and will anchor any PP in the league. Josh will go down as one of the biggest blunders in the 2014 draft. Once he is around older players he will be just fine, and believe me he will be on a mission.

DrJenniferHanson

Cursed By A Gypsy
Aug 31, 2011
43° N lat 81° W long
Tend to think teams like Montreal, Toronto, passing on this player when they did will surely come back to haunt him. Cockey or not he puts butts in the seats and can , and will anchor any PP in the league. Josh will go down as one of the biggest blunders in the 2014 draft. Once he is around older players he will be just fine, and believe me he will be on a mission.

I genuinely, genuinely hope you're not saying that not selecting Josh Ho-Sang over William Nylander will come back to haunt the Leafs.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
I genuinely, genuinely hope you're not saying that not selecting Josh Ho-Sang over William Nylander will come back to haunt the Leafs.

Ho Sang was a top 10 player at least in that draft, the New York islanders were the only team to trade to get him as late as they did. My thoughts are, that other teams like the ones mentioned will reget they did not follow suit a lot earlier. The Leafs made the right move with Nylander even over Richie but they also had the assetts to acquire HoSang before New York don't you think?

DrJenniferHanson

Cursed By A Gypsy
Aug 31, 2011
43° N lat 81° W long
Ho Sang was a top 10 player at least in that draft, the New York islanders were the only team to trade to get him as late as they did. My thoughts are, that other teams like the ones mentioned will reget they did not follow suit a lot earlier. The Leafs made the right move with Nylander even over Richie but they also had the assetts to acquire HoSang before New York don't you think?

I'm cool with your clarification. Just interpreted your post as Toronto passing on him where they picked (Nylander), but now I know you meant swinging a separate deal for a late 1st.

I'd agree he's a top 10 talent. Player--I'd have to see the zebra change its stripes for a larger sample size, so to speak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad