NHL 20 Play-Offs-Mode is a mess

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
I know it is just an offline game mode and these don't get any love... but holy cow what is this.

I wanted to make the current matchups. So basically Colorado not versus Calgary but Dallas... there is no "Quick Swap" button. You have to replace Dallas with another Team and then Calgary with Dallas. And so on. Easiest way for me was to replace all the teams with non PO teams and go on from there.

You don't choose one team, you can play all games if you want. Ok, nice idea. But you can't change the lines properly.

First game I play with the default roster. In the second game, I tried to change it before the game and suddenly have my custom roster. Problem: when I made this roster, Rantanen was hurt IRL and therefore a healthy scratch. And you know what - you can not insert a healthy scratch in play-off mode. WTF? To top it off, you can not go back to the default one. So I basically have to load an older save to play with Rantanen in the lineup.

I don't know what could be so hard to atleast copy over the team management from season mode. What a mess.

Hattrickkane88

Apr 11, 2019
Sorry you have to deal with this. Hopefully a new company starts make hockey games in the future but it's unlikely as EA is so bad that they've destroyed the sale numbers and made other companies think hockey is not going to sell enough copies to be worth it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad