GDT: Play-In Thing - Game #1: Columbus @ Toronto - 8pm | SN | Series Tied 0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Hopefully Matthews starts hot like they tends to do early in each year, and Freddy doesn't start slow like he tends to do after a long layoff which this Covid virus seems to have created.

First real chance with a healthy team we get to see what we have here.

Lets get out ahead and push the attack.

Reactions: BrannigansLaw

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Ice is going to be choppy - hope the Leafs don't try to get too cute.

Getting the first game in a 5 game series is big.

I'd really love to see Matthews, Nylander, Tavares, Barrie and Muzzin clapping bombs from everywhere today. I want to pepper them on the bad ice, and test the goaltending. CLB's interior D is pretty tough to break through.

Reactions: Mikey88

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Need to start off right. You need to match their intensity because we do have have the better talent. If we work, we will be fine.
Freddy has to be dialed in from puck drop.

Reactions: LeafChief

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Makes it all the more interesting that the Canadiens beat the Pens last night. Gonna be some upsets I think

As long as its not a Leafs being upset all the rest don't really matter too much.

We face one of the 4 teams already in the playoffs so whoever survives this play-in round not likely ever going to be a Leafs opponent through the east, without major upsets along the way.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
The Blue Jackets forced the Bruins into 22 turnovers in their exhibition game. 22! Clearly, this was a trial run or what the Leafs should expect: constant aggressive pressure designed to cut down their reaction time, force over the puck. As Leafs are one of the highest turnover teams in the league, I believe this may be a key stat to succeed in for the victory.

If nothing is there, take the safe decision, exploit their aggressiveness and dictate the game knowing you will have a split second less to make the right decision.

Go Leafs Go!

Doublerum1975

Dec 15, 2019
Really don't think Robertson should be in the lineup i really hope he plays well makes me eat my words!

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Hopefully Gauthier realizes his spot is in jeopardy with Keefe flipping between him and Engvall. He plays poorly and Engvall will be in for game 2. Be nice to see him show some urgency and be physical tonight. Highly doubt it, but it'd be nice

Reactions: TML Dynasty

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Hopefully this is the day that starts a very successful Playoff for all of you. I wish everyone all the best. Great group around here and i hope this team puts a grand smile on everyone! You’s deserve it.

Reactions: TML Dynasty

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Team needs to show up and give their best performance of the year. This is what it all lead to. The ups and downs are what they are. But now they have a chance to win, advance, and see how far they can go. So got to start with Game 1.

Good luck to the Leafs. Whatever they are officially designated at, the playoffs start tonight for this team!

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
And now ladies and gentlemen the 2 greatest pump up hockey songs of all time that I’ve had on repeat since this morning

AahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHHH

GO LEAFS GO!!

Reactions: Mikey88

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

Korpisalo was 1-1-0 against us, with a 3.34 GAA and a .883 SV% this season.

Lifetime he is 5-3-0, with a .914 sv% and a 2.87 GAA

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Korpisalo got the start vs Boston in their exhibition game and posted a shutout during his time in net, and has the most NHL experience so this would be expected he gets the 1st crack.

If things go well we should see Elvis in the 2nd half of the game today.

Reactions: moon111 and ACC1224

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Well they're both pretty good goalies Elvis and Korpisalo. All things being equal, Freddy has to outplay him. Plain and simple. Tampa lost for many reasons, but Bob outplaying Vas was the biggest.

While both Korpisalo and Elvis are talented, if Freddy can't outplay either of them, we'll be forced to add a new goalie to the list.

That said, I am fully confident in Freddy. Made some big stops against MTL. Looks to be in good form.

Reactions: Nylander88

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Beautiful GDT sire cor! This how we do it bigg tyme! It's on now let the small black drop :clap: We twerkin our ears off the pole tonight sire! Imagine how our speedy gonzalez players will keep up with atkinson etc. We have the speed to toxicate these fools. Tortorella is one of the toughest coaches to play against. Will be a fantastic test to us and our fools for the game. WOOP WOOP suckas this one is ours and this our covid time now fools!!!! Mister T finna get his.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->