Planning TWO hockey trips... 6 Kings games at 6 different venues

KingsFanInRI

Waiting 4 next year
Aug 27, 2005
Outside Providence
So I started out with the idea of coming to LA for the game at Dodger Stadium, and couldn't help but think how cool it would be if the Kings played the game before that in Anaheim.... lo and behold I got my wish. Arrive Thursday, see two games. Bonus time... the previous Monday is when the Kings come to Boston :)

Start thinking seriously about ramping up my efforts to see them in every NHL city, so the immediate thought is New York.... I notice they are doing the NY Triangle in November, so yes, I will be at the Nassau Coliseum (it's a dump, but there is a small bit of history there...) the Rock and MSG.

Anyone else planning any similar trips?

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
My girlfriend and I are talking about trying to travel out to see the NYR, NYI and NJ games. Looking at Jet Blue, they seem to have some good deals.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
I'm gunna TRY and be at that game in Boston. Dunno if I can go but I really want to.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
1:00 game on a holiday so no school for my son and Monday is a normal day off for me anyway so it couldn't have worked out much better for me :)

Lucky you. I'm in New Hampshire and on a college budget. But I try and go to at least one Kings game a year. Usually they're in SJ but now Boston is my closest team. Wanna try and go to the Kings/Sens game in Ottawa. Got a buddy up there I'd go with and I could stay with him too. Hopefully I can make ONE of those two.

KBA4life

Oct 22, 2003
Los Angeles
Visit site
I bought plane tickets last year right when the schedule was released for their east coast swing in February, I thought there was no way the NHL could be dumb enough to have another lockout...yikes. I still took the trip out there, which just happened to coincide with the freaking blizzard. Icing on the damn cake.

Have fun on the trip!

dbbourn

Aug 22, 2005
New Jersey
It is kind of fun being an out of town fan.

I've seen the Kings play in 10 buildings and thought it would be cool to rack up as many as possible.

This year I may hit up the November NY/NJ trip, but was thinking about saving up for the December trip to MTL/OTT/TOR instead.

KingsFanInRI

Waiting 4 next year
Aug 27, 2005
Outside Providence
It is kind of fun being an out of town fan.

I've seen the Kings play in 10 buildings and thought it would be cool to rack up as many as possible.

This year I may hit up the November NY/NJ trip, but was thinking about saving up for the December trip to MTL/OTT/TOR instead.

the Eastern Canada swing would be epic. If the right six numbers come up for me on Wednesday I just may do it :)

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
I'm going to the one in Philly in March. I'd go to NJ but the city is nasty and The Rock is just meh. Really want to get out to LA at some point too.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
So I started out with the idea of coming to LA for the game at Dodger Stadium, and couldn't help but think how cool it would be if the Kings played the game before that in Anaheim.... lo and behold I got my wish. Arrive Thursday, see two games. Bonus time... the previous Monday is when the Kings come to Boston :)

Start thinking seriously about ramping up my efforts to see them in every NHL city, so the immediate thought is New York.... I notice they are doing the NY Triangle in November, so yes, I will be at the Nassau Coliseum (it's a dump, but there is a small bit of history there...) the Rock and MSG.

Anyone else planning any similar trips?

I have one silly idea which probably isn't financially feasible. Hypothetically, I would go to the Dodger Stadium game, catch a red eye flight to NYC, and then go to the Yankee Stadium game the next morning.

During the lockout I went to Ann Arbor to visit a friend. I was able to take in a Michigan/Michigan State hockey game which was a total blast. The next night, I went to Plymouth (~20 minutes away from Ann Arbor) and saw an OHL game between Plymouth/London which featured four eventual 2013 first rounders.

I'm thinking about doing that trip again next March to see Connor McDavid. Might be a fun trip for you to consider if you're a fan of prospects.

I'm going to the one in Philly in March. I'd go to NJ but the city is nasty and The Rock is just meh. Really want to get out to LA at some point too.

Doing NYR/NJD/NYI is nice because of the close proximity and you could just stay in NYC the entire time. Don't know if I'd fly out there just to hang out in Newark. I remember going in 2009 and taking a wrong turn out of the train station at 2am. Might have been the scariest two block walk of my life.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
Doing NYR/NJD/NYI is nice because of the close proximity and you could just stay in NYC the entire time. Don't know if I'd fly out there just to hang out in Newark. I remember going in 2009 and taking a wrong turn out of the train station at 2am. Might have been the scariest two block walk of my life.

I'd do it if it weren't such a pain getting up there. I live an hour from Philly so it's always a day trip. I was in South Jersey during the SCF last year so I decided to drive up. Yeah, the city scared the crap out of me. Got out of there as soon as possible, lol.

I will get up to NY at some point but right now visiting there is as much trouble as visiting LA for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad