Rumor: Planning Ahead: 2019 Off-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
Did Ontario sign college FA Justin Baudry LHD from Bemidji ST? Played for Ontario yesterday. Never saw anything about it. But , he put up decent numbers in college.
Led the team in scoring 9 g 22a in 38gms not bad for a dman.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

MartinS82

May 26, 2016
Was that Bay Harbor?

It's been forever, but I swear there was a San Diego rink with a brick wall too. Remember getting checked into it at like 6am going "what the **** am I doing with my life" after I stopped growing in...bantams?

I might be a little older then you guys, but anyone remember Ice Capades Chalet down on Harbor? They had no benches and their "boards" were covered with carpet (like roller rinks). Lol those were the good ole days of meeting Steve Duchesne and Luc down at Adray's of Orange.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I might be a little older then you guys, but anyone remember Ice Capades Chalet down on Harbor? They had no benches and their "boards" were covered with carpet (like roller rinks). Lol those were the good ole days of meeting Steve Duchesne and Luc down at Adray's of Orange.

Only one I knew of was in North Hollywood, in the mall there.

MartinS82

May 26, 2016
Only one I knew of was in North Hollywood, in the mall there.

Adray's or Ice Capades?

The Adrays that they used to always go to (couple of times a year, at least) was at the Orange Traffic Circle. Ice Capades Chalet was where the old South Coast Sabres skated out of. Harbor/Adams in Costa Mesa.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Hey gang. Jerk coming in peace, working on a trade value project. How would you all rank the Kings players by trade value (the top 7-10 or so)? Think of it this way, pick two guys and say "if I could only have one of these two guys, who would I take?" Start at the bottom and go up the list like that.

Age, contract and performance all count. No-movement clauses, value to the franchise, and "untouchability" don't.

I'd probably rank your guys like this, but please let me know where I'm wrong and who I forgot. I'm trying to keep this to NHL players, so avoid guys with fewer than 40 games in the league. Thanks!

Drew Doughty, 29, $11m, 2027

Anze Kopitar, 31, $10m, 2024
Jonathan Quick, 33, $5.8m, 2023

Adrian Kempe, 22, $894k, 2019
Tyler Toffoli, 26, $4.6m, 2020
Jeff Carter, 34, $5.27m, 2022

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Hey gang. Jerk coming in peace, working on a trade value project. How would you all rank the Kings players by trade value (the top 7-10 or so)? Think of it this way, pick two guys and say "if I could only have one of these two guys, who would I take?" Start at the bottom and go up the list like that.

Age, contract and performance all count. No-movement clauses, value to the franchise, and "untouchability" don't.

I'd probably rank your guys like this, but please let me know where I'm wrong and who I forgot. I'm trying to keep this to NHL players, so avoid guys with fewer than 40 games in the league. Thanks!

Not following your rules but the Kings should trade all except Doughty and Kempe of that list.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
The Kings could use a trade like this in the off-season.

Too bad Neil Smith isn’t an NHL GM any longer. Maybe they could’ve peddled Jeff Carter and Dion Phaneuf onto him.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

Too bad Neil Smith isn’t an NHL GM any longer. Maybe they could’ve peddled Jeff Carter and Dion Phaneuf onto him.

Too bad the cap doesn't allow GMs to be Neil Smith anymore, because then it would be much easier to strip the whole roster down, as we likely wouldn't see 7 or 11 year contracts, or NMC's for that matter. The cap forces everyone to think like a small market GM; value, value, value. Old dudes with guaranteed years have little value.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Adray's or Ice Capades?

The Adrays that they used to always go to (couple of times a year, at least) was at the Orange Traffic Circle. Ice Capades Chalet was where the old South Coast Sabres skated out of. Harbor/Adams in Costa Mesa.

Ice Capades, and yea, I do remember the old Costa Mesa rink, visitor rooms where about the size of a quarter, we ended up using their party room....man, memories, I can still remember the steps up to that rink, the big parkinglot etc...

There was an Ice Capades in North Hollywood, Victory and the 170, the rink entrace was the back door, for hockey, for public skate it was through the mall.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI

Crappy old players had a lot more value back then vs. today.

The cap and an increase in exposure and advanced stats aren't going to let you dump Carter's and Phaneuf's anymore.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can

I would think Alec Martinez has more value then Carter and Toffoli right now. Alec is the kings number 2 i would think.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Since this is the planning ahead thread. How you would classify the prospects in positioning for the teams future (say in the next 5 years)? Like where do you see them ending up if they make the team.

Petersen: Starting goalie (workhorse)
Kupari: Top6 Forward
Clague: 2nd pairing
Brickley: Bottom pairing
M. Anderson: 2nd pairing
JAD: 3rd line

Etc...

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Peter James Bond II

BRANDT CLARKE 23-24 CALDER
Mar 5, 2015
NOTEBOOK: KOVALCHUK ODD MAN OUT? WAGNER’S WORK WITH DEVELOPMENT STAFF PAYING OFF

JON ROSENMARCH 15, 20192 COMMENTS

WTF???????????? WD IS a disgrace to humanity. He and Carter should be embarrassed. Why is Carter playing? Do the coaches or management watch game tape? Carter is not even a shell of himself and the worst player on the ice by far...Carter could not get the puck to Kovy or Leipsic and is worthless in all facets of the game! The only thing he was doing close to NHL level, was faceoffs...and now he lost 8 of 8 last game! ..if Kovy was on Kopitar's line he would have a few more goals...no, he'e not been great, but much better than Carter. Doesn't anyone hav e the cajones to sit Carter? Why is he impervious to ANY criticism or calling out?? Carter should go to WD and tell him that he needs to sit and put Kovalchuk back in...not fair to Kovalchuk or team. What does Carter have to do, to be removed? Take a dump on the ice??

Does anyone of Blakes or Lucs emails? PM me. I want to offer 1000 towards the buyout, personally.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
NOTEBOOK: KOVALCHUK ODD MAN OUT? WAGNER’S WORK WITH DEVELOPMENT STAFF PAYING OFF

WTF???????????? WD IS a disgrace to humanity. He and Carter should be embarrassed. Why is Carter playing? Do the coaches or management watch game tape? Carter is not even a shell of himself and the worst player on the ice by far...Carter could not get the puck to Kovy or Leipsic and is worthless in all facets of the game! The only thing he was doing close to NHL level, was faceoffs...and now he lost 8 of 8 last game! ..if Kovy was on Kopitar's line he would have a few more goals...no, he'e not been great, but much better than Carter. Doesn't anyone hav e the cajones to sit Carter? Why is he impervious to ANY criticism or calling out?? Carter should go to WD and tell him that he needs to sit and put Kovalchuk back in...not fair to Kovalchuk or team. What does Carter have to do, to be removed? Take a dump on the ice??

Does anyone of Blakes or Lucs emails? PM me. I want to offer 1000 towards the buyout, personally.

Hey, if you got a 1K to waste, shoot it my way, defending Carter or Kovy is like having to choose between a pile crap and a pile of feces,

Carter at the very least, is defensively responsible, Kovalchuk makes Forbort look like Nik freaking Lidstrom in the defensive zone.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Richards couldn’t keep up with his linemates, Carter is pulling his linemates down every shift. It might as well be a PK out there with Carters line, except they get called for icing the puck. On any given shift I put the odds better than 50/50 the puck gets iced when both Carter and Phaneuf are out there.

The handling of Kovalchuk has to be about Brown not playing with anyone but Kopi. At this point I think they should just do whatever with the lineup and put Kovalchuk at center, convert Toffoli to a defenseman and make MacDermid a forward. Phaneuf and Carter can be player coaches for all I care.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity

more losses should be our only goal right now.

play all the big salary old guys as much as possible - the young guys may actually score too many and get some wins.

Reactions: Sleeping Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad