Rumor: Planning Ahead: 2019 Off-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

riznat

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
Somewhere this is happening right now....

overly-attached-girlfriend-0c9d.jpg

What is this?

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Remember playing against that guy a bit as a teen. Was one of the first real wave of california kids, like Gauthier and Clarke, to really push pro level (other than the sporadic examples). Quite a few of those guys were always right on the cusp, bummer none of them truly broke through to stick, as it makes for a better story than a bunch of AHL/Euro Leaguers kicking my ass on a weekly basis :laugh:

I actually played with Alex on a few teams as well. Roller instead of ice though at the time. Dude had skillz.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
http://www.nhl.com/stats/team?aggre...&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=goalsForInPer1

Since the start of the 15-16 season, the Kings have the fewest 1st period goals in the league, not including Vegas.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/team?aggre...&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=goalsForInPer1

Speaking of including Vegas, starting with the 16-17 season, in 81 more games played, the Kings have 2 more 1st period goals than Vegas. Like, damn. Couple other teams that are kind of close, but nobody is as close as the Kings.

Over the last 2 seasons, the Kings are the only team with fewer than 100 goals in the 1st. Dallas isn't very good either, but they don't have a -46 goal differential in the opening 20 minutes.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC

Since the start of the 15-16 season, the Kings have the fewest 1st period goals in the league, not including Vegas.

Speaking of including Vegas, starting with the 16-17 season, in 81 more games played, the Kings have 2 more 1st period goals than Vegas. Like, damn. Couple other teams that are kind of close, but nobody is as close as the Kings.

Over the last 2 seasons, the Kings are the only team with fewer than 100 goals in the 1st. Dallas isn't very good either, but they don't have a -46 goal differential in the opening 20 minutes.

I’d be curious to know the home / road splits to see if maybe matchups made a difference.

HeadInjury

Jul 30, 2005
Speaking of ****ty players, I wonder how many of these guys will appear in their last team photo with the Kings.

Been a fan since the mid-70s and can't recall looking at a team photo before and not being able to name everyone. In that final row, I spot Forbort and Grundstrom but can't figure out who anyone else is, except MacDermitt has to be the tallest one. I know LaDue, Walker, Roy, Wagner and Brodzinski are there somewhere. But for the most part it looks like just some random dudes up there for me.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Been a fan since the mid-70s and can't recall looking at a team photo before and not being able to name everyone. In that final row, I spot Forbort and Grundstrom but can't figure out who anyone else is, except MacDermitt has to be the tallest one. I know LaDue, Walker, Roy, Wagner and Brodzinski are there somewhere. But for the most part it looks like just some random dudes up there for me.

It really is the saddest Kings' team photo since probably the 1995-96 and the 1996-97 Kings, from the post-Gretzky era.
s-l1600.jpg

1996-1997-Los-Angeles-Kings-8X10-Team-Photo.jpg

Reactions: Faterson and YP44

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Was that Bay Harbor?

It's been forever, but I swear there was a San Diego rink with a brick wall too. Remember getting checked into it at like 6am going "what the f*** am I doing with my life" after I stopped growing in...bantams?

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Was that Bay Harbor?

It's been forever, but I swear there was a San Diego rink with a brick wall too. Remember getting checked into it at like 6am going "what the **** am I doing with my life" after I stopped growing in...bantams?

I don't remember a wall in San Diego.....I know Bay Harbor had a huge wall in the corner....one zone length, Norwalk had the brick wall, and Thousand Oaks had slanted boards on the one end zone, one of our D learned how to jump on it to avoid a hit, it was freaking hilarious,

And who can forget the shoebox, Pasadena.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
I don't remember a wall in San Diego.....I know Bay Harbor had a huge wall in the corner....one zone length, Norwalk had the brick wall, and Thousand Oaks had slanted boards on the one end zone, one of our D learned how to jump on it to avoid a hit, it was freaking hilarious,

And who can forget the shoebox, Pasadena.

I'll take us into a slight detour... Best rinks to play:

Lake Arrowhead - parents could be inside having coffee or the kids having hot chocolate with the see through plexiglass-glass while the game was going on. And it was always cold as hell since it was partly outdoors. Sad to see it went out of business like a decade ago. :(

South Coast, Glacial Gardens - always had great ice. Cold as hell, too.

Thousand Oaks - nice big rink, only played here a few times since it was so far but I remember the ice being amazing.

Anaheim - I played on Jr Ducks for 1 year and while our team absolutely sucked the ice was always the best in So Cal

Side By Side - I'm partial because I grew up playing for Huntington Beach Lightning, but our rink was small and was great for hitting, bouncing off, and looking for a pass or a shot all in 1 motion. The boards were nice and lively and made the crowd think the hits were harder than they really were. The ice was soft as f*** though.

kingsholygrail

Bonus Hockey Unlocked 44-27-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia

Lake Arrowhead - parents could be inside having coffee or the kids having hot chocolate with the see through plexiglass-glass while the game was going on. And it was always cold as hell since it was partly outdoors. Sad to see it went out of business like a decade ago. :(

Thousand Oaks - nice big rink, only played here a few times since it was so far but I remember the ice being amazing.

Anaheim - I played on Jr Ducks for 1 year and while our team absolutely sucked the ice was always the best in So Cal

Side By Side - I'm partial because I grew up playing for Huntington Beach Lightning, but our rink was small and was great for hitting, bouncing off, and looking for a pass or a shot all in 1 motion. The boards were nice and lively and made the crowd think the hits were harder than they really were. The ice was soft as **** though.

Do you mean the Iceoplex? Because that's in Simi Valley.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
I remember playing the Southeastern Blues at home (I played out of Norwalk) and both teams getting sick due to carbon monoxide from the Zamboni.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

Side By Side - I'm partial because I grew up playing for Huntington Beach Lightning, but our rink was small and was great for hitting, bouncing off, and looking for a pass or a shot all in 1 motion. The boards were nice and lively and made the crowd think the hits were harder than they really were. The ice was soft as **** though.

LOVED Lake Arrowhead, it's a shame that rink is gone,

Anaheim Glacial Gardens and Lakewood Glacial Gardens, loved the stands above the rink, I was officiating there during a women's regional final, winner goes to National, me and a friend were the lines, ref we never worked with, had the absolute most brutal one liner in response to a female player (they were 18-19 etc) and played the full go, 20 min stop time etc, 20 min warmups which we had to be out there for, so we are looking around talking, getting ready, noticed this player and another being a bit too friendly with each other, which we thought was interesting but...whatever. Game starts, and halfway through this player gets a penalty and holy crap does she go off, 30 seconds of the most vile, profane, rant you can imagine..and ends it with you fn ****sucker, at the ref, he just looks at her, and goes, at least one of has to be....me and my friend absolutely lost it....had to skate away from the benches....

Reactions: savemefromtears
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad