News Article: Plan Would Ban Fighting in Top U.S. Amateur Hockey Leagues

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
It's already banned in college and in the olympics. I see no problem with banning it in amateur leagues. Do we really need kids fighting? It's still a long way from banning it in the NHL.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
No problem with this. I don't like suddenly making fighting illegal in the majors, but i'm fine with phasing it out at the lower levels and then getting rid of fighting years down the line.

Wolfy*

They just don't get it. Fighting is a weapon against dirty hits, which is the main reason for serious injury. Fighting in itself is not the cause of this, how many times do we see a bout on the ice end with a knockout?

Relax...90% of NHL-players want to allow fighting, so do ticket buyers, it will not be banned here.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
It's still a long way from banning it in the NHL.

No its not, its in legislature what you'd refer to as presedence. Banning fighting in one instance, opens the door for a ban in the NHL down the road. There are already players with significant weight in the league that are voicing approvals for ban on fighting. It is coming. Probably not in the next 5 years, but it will happen.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
They just don't get it. Fighting is a weapon against dirty hits, which is the main reason for serious injury. Fighting in itself is not the cause of this, how many times do we see a bout on the ice end with a knockout?

Relax...90% of NHL-players want to allow fighting, so do ticket buyers, it will not be banned here.

You don't need to be knocked out to get concussed.

Fighting will be banned in the nhl soon. Doesn't matter what the fans or players want

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad