Confirmed with Link: Plan the Cup Parade, Erod for 1x1!

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Meh. Don't really like him in the lineup come playoff time, doesn't really have a defined role.

Reactions: wizmet12

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Lol Simon was a healthy scratch most of the season while Erod sat for most of the playoffs.

So much for playing the young AHL guys this season. Hextall is a piece of trash, and Sully continues to have influence over roster decisions.

Shockingly, Sleepy’s day one free agents are worse than JR’s day one free agents last season, which is very impressive.

I’m confident Simon didn’t need to be signed on day one of free agency.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Simon's kind of the winger version of Gaudreau. Smart guy, reads the play well, just... is lacking a few fundamental skills to actually translate that into offense.

Edit: Wait, what thread am I posting in? I hope I don't have a terminal case of hockey pundititis.

img.gif

Reactions: HandshakeLine

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I'd have preferred Freddy, but it is what it is. E-Rod was good for us when he was used properly. We'll see if he's used properly or not.

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
Wasn't really a fan when we re-signed him last year, but this season he has prove himself very valuable for what he his bring, so it's nice to have him back.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I don’t hate this, but I don’t know why they’d even offer it. Scratched the past two seasons when the games mattered.
Haha I don’t know why he hasn’t gone somewhere else after his treatment here. Scratched in the playoffs against the Habs, then traded to Toronto after the first round debacle. Comes back and then sits out most of the playoffs games again last season.

He was getting sat behind some offensive black holes - that had to be frustrating. I assume we were either the only ones that made him an offer or we outbid one other team.

Keeping ERod means we cannot pay a penny over $1.5 mil for ZAR. Honestly, I think anything over $1.2 mill is a absurd for ZAR.

Last edited:

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
He did 7-7-14 in 35GP last year. That's a 33pt pace for league minimum. There are 32 NHL teams that would love to get that out of a 4th line / bottom 6 player. I think they like him too, so whatever. $1mil isn't going to break the bank and he can play every bottom 6 position.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad