Confirmed with Link: Plan the Cup Parade, Erod for 1x1!

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ

Discus.

2174.jpg

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
What in the hell for? So he can get scratched in the playoffs for the 3rd year in a row?

What is the fascination with this guy? He’s 28, he’s not getting any better.

He doesn't have to get any better, he's an effective and versatile bottom-6 forward.

Every penny over league minimum is theft. Great job by his agent.

You should probably check out the UFA contracts being handed out today.

BillPrep

Jun 2, 2016
THIS is the news I was breathlessly awaiting...see you all in october...

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
What in the hell for? So he can get scratched in the playoffs for the 3rd year in a row?

What is the fascination with this guy? He’s 28, he’s not getting any better.

Not to play devil's advocate, but dude came back awfully fast from a broken foot and probably set his recovery back a bit. But the "signing players that MS won't play in the POs" is a real problem that annoys me to no end.

In the end, I'm okay with it for a few reasons:

1) His hit is low enough to bury in the AHL if necessary with minimal cap repercussions
2) He looked pretty great with Carter and Zucker
3) He's a higher level of bottom 6er than Gaudreau, for example.
4) He has no term and can probably be flipped at the TDL for a pick if necessary.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
He doesn't have to get any better, he's an effective and versatile bottom-6 forward.

You should probably check out the UFA contracts being handed out today.
Wait a couple weeks. There's always bottom 6 options looking for work after the first rush.

TySmith4Norris

Oct 13, 2020
Gaudreau should’ve been prioritized for that spot but it’s hard to complain with the deal

ERod is fine

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Not to play devil's advocate, but dude came back awfully fast from a broken foot and probably set his recovery back a bit. But the "signing players that MS won't play in the POs" is a real problem that annoys me to no end.

In the end, I'm okay with it for a few reasons:

1) His hit is low enough to bury in the AHL if necessary with minimal cap repercussions
2) He looked pretty great with Carter and Zucker
3) He's a higher level of bottom 6er than Gaudreau, for example.
4) He has no term and can probably be flipped at the TDL for a pick if necessary.
If it’s one or the other at the same cap hit I’d prefer Gaudreau because he can at least win faceoffs.

This team has issues and not a lot of wiggle room to fix them with almost everyone under contracts that nobody else wants. Depth players is one area where you can tweak your team’s identity a bit but bringing back the same guys year after year won’t change anything.

He was very good for a stretch in the regular season and yeah maybe his injury wasn’t healed.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
There are multiple bottom-6 options getting more money than Rodrigues with term.

Free agency is bonkers right now.
Yeah GMs are always dumb at the start. Then they run out of money to waste. That's way you wait a week or so for interchangeable pieces like 4th liners and 6/7th defense.

The only reason to be active on day 1 is if you think the guy you want is top four defense or top six forward quality. Those guys always get paid and rarely slip into bargain season.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
I don’t get the hate for Erod. He’s a perfectly fine bottom 6 player. At that salary you can just bury him as well. Don’t blame Erod for Sullivan’s absurd use of him in the top-6.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
We lost like all of our proven scoring depth at wing. Not a bad move.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Someone has to play in the bottom 6 and if that's the kind of money we're working with then ERod caliber players are what you'll get.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Between the Simon and Eros signing then Mike Sullivan for USA coach…it is a really bad day for the keyboard experts.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
ERod and Simon? I guess our bottom 6 moves are mostly done.

Eh. I’m sure they’re fine if they lose Simon on waivers. Think he’s a guy you know you can play with Sid if injuries hit. Otherwise can f*** off to WBS.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad