Plan B

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
If we somehow miss out on McEichel, we should immediately start stockpiling lottery tickets for the 2021 draft and grab Iguchi Aito. That should also give us enough time to come up with a catchfrase. Right now I can't think of any synonym for losing that works with Iguchi Aito.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
If we somehow miss out on McEichel, we should immediately start stockpiling lottery tickets for the 2021 draft and grab Iguchi Aito. That should also give us enough time to come up with a catchfrase. Right now I can't think of any synonym for losing that works with Iguchi Aito.

Win late-o (later) for Aito.

Either way, it looks like he's playing with kids. A man among boys. I'd like to see him do that in a real league. :sarcasm:

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
First step is a little slow, and he needs to drive the net more. He'll also need to bulk up a little if he's going to be able to battle in the corners and on the forecheck. I'm not ready to declare him the top pick quite yet.

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
I'm stunned by that little boy's skating technique and balance. Looks superb for 11 yr old. He would murder Reinhart already in skating contest.

DeadGhost

Ugistered Reger
Feb 15, 2010
He's a hell of a skater.

I am by no means a scout but if he wins the puberty lottery he could probably play at some notable level.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I expect the Japanese factor to really hurt him on draft day.

Ever since Taro didn't make it out of that first camp with the Sabres....

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Jeez. His skating and hands are crazy. It'll be interesting to follow him in the next few years to see what he does and where he goes.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Jeez. His skating and hands are crazy. It'll be interesting to follow him in the next few years to see what he does and where he goes.

The top kids at 11 rarely are the top kids at 18.

It will be really interesting to see if he moves to the US or Canada or Sweden or Finland.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
I was amazing at 11 too. Had 41 goals in 22 games at one point playing with the Regals. By 14 I was playing JV hockey, was 4 inches shorter and half a step slower than my teammates. They even moved me to D because once goalies could reach crossbar from their knees I magically couldn't score anymore.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
The top kids at 11 rarely are the top kids at 18.

It will be really interesting to see if he moves to the US or Canada or Sweden or Finland.

Yup, which is why it will be interesting to see what he does. He may not even want to play hockey in another year or two, who knows.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
He's a hell of a skater.

I am by no means a scout but if he wins the puberty lottery he could probably play at some notable level.

Yeah, kid definitely looks like he has the talent and legs to become a player. Could be the best Japanese hockey player since Taro.

moomoosoup

Oct 8, 2014
I think he could use another year in juniors. He has the skill, but he gets out muscled in the corners.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I expect the Japanese factor to really hurt him on draft day.

Ever since Taro didn't make it out of that first camp with the Sabres....

Absolutely. The struggle to bring Tsujimoto over is definitely going to impact this kid's chances of being drafted early.

Bps21*

I don't think that's an issue since the kid is going to see three minutes of icetime per game with McCormick and Kaleta. ;)

If nolan was still around in 2021 we would be drafting high enough to get him.

C Note

Jan 31, 2014
Absolutely. The struggle to bring Tsujimoto over is definitely going to impact this kid's chances of being drafted early.

Does anyone know how his contract with Asia Ice Hockey League could affect his ability to play here? If it does, I don't see how a GM can take a chance like that with a first round pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad