GWT: PL Week 2 8/19-8/21

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Kanté sure will be missed, as I predicted, but Mendy was a good replacement. However he got injured early it seems (I didn't watch the game). Is it anything serious?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Agreed Evilo, There was a noticeable gap without Kante.

Surprised that the ref didn't award a penalty, that looked quite like one even if not all the contact was there IMO.

Every team has trouble in the final third, but man Arsenal are so inept at entering the box. They lack such creativity, build up play, and and movement.

At least Ox was a stud. Great things to say about Xhaka as well.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Agreed Evilo, There was a noticeable gap without Kante.

Surprised that the ref didn't award a penalty, that looked quite like one even if not all the contact was there IMO.

Every team has trouble in the final third, but man Arsenal are so inept at entering the box. They lack such creativity, build up play, and and movement.

At least Ox was a stud. Great things to say about Xhaka as well.

I think it will be better when Özil and Giroud are back.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Blessing in disguise that we lost in some ways. Will be considered unacceptable if another player or two aren't brought in, now.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Wenger says that the focus of the club is to make sure its 600 employees get paid at the end of the month. Not spending on new signings.

He also criticized the fans who are "influenced by the media" and can't see the good the club is doing. He's also sorry Rob Holding didn't cost 55 million GBP.

**** me, you'd think we were going into Administration by those comments.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Wenger says that the focus of the club is to make sure its 600 employees get paid at the end of the month. Not spending on new signings.

He also criticized the fans who are "influenced by the media" and can't see the good the club is doing. He's also sorry Rob Holding didn't cost 55 million GBP.

Comments like this from a club with some of the highest revenues in the world is just sad. I completely understand not wanting to overpay for guys like Stones, that's smart, but he makes it sound like the club is hard up for cash.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Arsenal and the front office is like EA Sports...always voted the worst company of the year, year after year and absolutely have no idea why that's the case.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Walcott is hot garbage. Ox is pretty bad, too. It's laughable a team with that much money relying on garbage players like these two.

Ox has been Arsenals best, or one of the best players so far...:laugh:

Sanchez has been "hot garbage"...if you're going to use that term to describe anybody.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land

I don't disagree with fans getting influenced by media in some cases.

Every rumour that comes that gets way too much play and most of the time we're not even interested in the player.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
Gonna be a long 20 minutes for Boro here. All Sunderland.

Sunderland couldnt sustain the pressure and Boro take the 3pts

Last edited:

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
Sitting at the bar listening to two suburban Pennsylvanians argue about how to pronounce "Xhaka" almost is making me feel better.

I went to Charlotte, NC to see Bayern vs Inter preseason and had some I guess North Carolinians? I dunno, sitting the row behind me... they were chatting "what's the difference between Inter and AC Milian"..."Ohh I think one plays in one league and the other team plays in another"...I kid you not it was cringy

clint-eastwood-disgusted-gif.gifc200.gif

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Calleri for West Ham was still in his Olympics scoring form, missing sitters.

Watching on TV, there was something irritating about the green area around the pitch. I don't usually notice that, but in this match it was problem all the time. They need to put some boards closer to the sidelines or at least reflect some ads there visible just on TV.

Must say Chelsea have been lucky that Costa has not been sent off in both matches and went on scoring important goals instead. Maybe they will get bad karma for that later on.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
well they were denied a clear penalty in the last game

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Not to be outdone by his idiocy after the Leicester match, Wenger sent Joel Campbell on a season long loan to Sporting Lisbon, because we can't have Walcott or Sanogo feel pressured to perform.

This man is an absolute cancer. :rant::rant::rant:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->