GWT: PL Round 34

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I wonder what Alonso was trying accomplish? Amazing that Dean did nothing.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I wonder what Alonso was trying accomplish? Amazing that Dean did nothing.

I’m assuming he didn’t see it, because if he did and didn’t even give a foul, he should be fired.

If that’s true that he missed it, it would qualify for a potential retroactive red, although that doesn’t help Southampton in their relegation battle. Could help them in the FA cup though as that’s one of the matches Alonso would be suspended for.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I’m assuming he didn’t see it, because if he did and didn’t even give a foul, he should be fired.

If that’s true that he missed it, it would qualify for a potential retroactive red, although that doesn’t help Southampton in their relegation battle. Could help them in the FA cup though as that’s one of the matches Alonso would be suspended for.

Not sure what is more amazing. Him not doing anything or him not seeing it. He had a good angle. He was a perfect distance from the incident.

I actually think Dean is a good ref 95% of the time. It is just that for 5% he is either useless or ridiculously arrogant or both at the same time.

Reactions: Fro

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Not sure what is more amazing. Him not doing anything or him not seeing it. He had a good angle. He was a perfect distance from the incident.

I actually think Dean is a good ref 95% of the time. It is just that for 5% he is either useless or ridiculously arrogant or both at the same time.

Yea, I’m not sure how he missed it, I’m just assuming he did since he’s not usually completely incompetent.

He’ll make some head scratchers and inject himself where he doesn’t need to be sometimes, but that’s on a different level than ignoring a guy planting studs in the back of someone’s knee 5 feet from the ball.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Yeah. I understand your point and I you are probably right of course.

Alonso is so overrated I don’t even know what to say any longer. Not a bad player, but he is often in people’s best 11 from the PL. Not even the best lb on the pitch today (even if Bertrand has been underwhelming for some time himself). Poor on the first as well.

Really hope Southampton stay up. A team that could play some decent football next season with some tweaks and a decent manager from the start (Hughes is fine compared to what they used to have).

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Beautiful ball from Alonso of course :laugh:

Sensational header. I think it should be saved, but still.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Shame for Southampton. Chelsea deserve nothing this game.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I was about to come in here and say how Chelsea completely quit on the season weeks ago and it's showing again, but then they scored 3 quick goals.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
It took 3 goals for Conte to get up onto his feet :laugh:

Would almost be as sad as Chelsea winning the CL if Spurs miss out on the CL because of this win.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
And likely ended Southamptons.

Given how hard their run in is, getting 3 points here would have been huge.

Indeed. The manner of the defeat is shattering at this stage of the season.

They really need to hope that Watford's players decide to break with habit and try during a spring away game, because a win for Huddersfield puts Southampton seven points back from the team they looked likeliest to overhaul.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->