GWT: PL Round 22

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Probably, though it doesn’t hurt when Everton had no shots on goal, barely any carry of the play, and no possession. Their midfield is poor at best.
Allardyce always turtles again Yernited

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
HnlY1I4AA-gL7B5f5n6a52AKTKGs8ouo2ZDMVdgsdh8.png

I think I would start with him paired with VVD.

Last edited:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
That one can't be real. If Klopp said something similar about Gerrard with the results being what they are I'd want him sacked immediately and I assume United supporters would feel the same if that was said about Scholes.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
What a loser this guy is.

Same old Mourinho. Hilarious thing is people still probably support him. Were I a United supporter I'd have preferred van Gaal stay. Anyway, I'm guessing he's referring to the post match comments after the draw from the weekend. If so that's kind of laughable as IMO Scholes wasn't nearly critical enough based on what I've seen. I didn't see the match against Southampton, but I did see the lion's share if not all of the post match and Scholes' criticisms of Pogba weren't that bad at all. In fact much of it was constructive. He also pretty much gave Mourinho a free pass which I found a joke at the time. Keown was the one who kept calling out Mourinho. Very obvious Pogba would be better suited if Mourinho fielded a three man midfield. Ridiculous the way Herrera's been used this season and if Herrera were smart he'd slap in a transfer request.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Same old Mourinho. Hilarious thing is people still probably support him. Were I a United supporter I'd have preferred van Gaal stay. Anyway, I'm guessing he's referring to the post match comments after the draw from the weekend. If so that's kind of laughable as IMO Scholes wasn't nearly critical enough based on what I've seen. I didn't see the match against Southampton, but I did see the lion's share if not all of the post match and Scholes' criticisms of Pogba weren't that bad at all. In fact much of it was constructive. He also pretty much gave Mourinho a free pass which I found a joke at the time. Keown was the one who kept calling out Mourinho. Very obvious Pogba would be better suited if Mourinho fielded a three man midfield. Ridiculous the way Herrera's been used this season and if Herrera were smart he'd slap in a transfer request.

Herrera's been used pretty much how his performances this season have earned him. He was Player of The Season last season according to fans IIRC, but he's been far from that form. Fellaini's rise in form as support for Pogba also helped. Early in the season when both took turns in midfield,, Pogba was stellar offensively.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Herrera's been used pretty much how his performances this season have earned him. He was Player of The Season last season according to fans IIRC, but he's been far from that form. Fellaini's rise in form as support for Pogba also helped. Early in the season when both took turns in midfield,, Pogba was stellar offensively.

Wrong. He wasn't even a consistent starter at the beginning of the season much less in preseason. So from the beginning he's been a rotational player at best and thus it clearly had nothing to do with his performances.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So, was Klavan offside or not? Seems to me like he was.

Just for the Ref vs Liverpool stats.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
So, was Klavan offside or not? Seems to me like he was.

Just for the Ref vs Liverpool stats.
Didn't I say it should even out over the season? Though I haven't re-watched the goal since so I'm not sure if it was or wasn't.

What about the Firmino/Salah vs. Lacazette stats? Hope you're still keeping track.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
He was probably offside. I don't think he actually had to touch it, but it was really close. To be able to get that call correct at the time would have been tough with the mass of bodies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Totally doing so.

Who still believes it evens out? Because :
1/ we only hear tears and cries when it goes one way and nothing when it goes the other way
2/ it's been proven times and times again it dosn't even out.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
He was probably offside. I don't think he actually had to touch it, but it was really close. To be able to get that call correct at the time would have been tough with the mass of bodies.

Judging by the videos with the offside line, only his arm. Which is not supposed to be counted as offside. He was also behind Lovren when Lovren headed the ball. Maybe offside, but so close benefit should be to the attacker as has been said here many times before.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
So you're saying all the points that Liverpool has dropped this season because of poor reffing decisions isn't going to even out in the end? I didn't even think Klavan needed to touch that header for it to go in TBH, and it's extremely close unlike some of the other decisions that have gone against Liverpool and directly cost them points this season.

But again, of course I'm going to complain when it happens. I then have always firmly said that 1) reffing is extremely difficult and it happens and 2) that hopefully it'll even out by the end of the season.

It just sucks in the moment when it happens.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Judging by the videos with the offside line, only his arm. Which is not supposed to be counted as offside. He was also behind Lovren when Lovren headed the ball. Maybe offside, but so close benefit should be to the attacker as has been said here many times before.
I haven't seen the crazy zoomed in replays. Only what I saw a few times on the broadcast.

I do think at some point Liverpool will either get a run of lucky breaks, or not. It's what it is.

I do complain that sometimes they've been the unfortunate beneficiary of some mediocre calls, and probably some dropped points, which are only hyper inflated on importance because they're in a dog fight for 4-7th. But all in all, it is what it is until they find some robots to do the officiating.

Some of the EPL officials are bad, but they're not the worst out there.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
To be fair indeed, it certainly wasn't a horrible call. Totally understand the ref making a mistake here. But mistake there was. He was offside, period. And no card like "well it was going in anyway". Klavan didn't have to touch it then.

It was offside, it was a tough call, it's mainly hard for Burnsley.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
If Klavan doesn't touch it, or interfere with the Burnley defender, there's a chance it gets cleared off the line. His touch wasn't needed, but his presence there certainly helped the goal happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad