GWT: PL Round 22

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Last minute goals are the best, but they're even better when they come from a defender who you would absolutely never expect to score.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yeah, and they're effective at it. It was basically one moment of quality from Mane that separated the two sides today. That's part of the reason Mane is on the pitch obviously, but it's not like he was spectacular until he was subbed off, or really even that effective. Much like the rest Liverpool's midfield/attack.

Edit: To be fair, I thought Lallana was fair, although you could see the rust. Encouraging outing from him.
Oh I agree. Liverpool (or Burnley) would never have won pretty.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Keane was pretty crap there too. Money well spent. I don’t know how you can lay out that much cash and be worse. Heck, their kids are the only ones showing some upside.

The only way to replace top players is to spend it on 2 or 3, we know that from experience. Instead they bought 9 first team players. Their squad is awful now.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Was it him or Holgate that took down Mata earlier with no foul even called?
It was him. Two deliberate kicks to the back of the legs with the ball well gone.

Getting into it with Lingard off the ball too.

I'll always remember his tackle from behind against Payet two seasons ago too. Just trash of the highest order.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Lol booing after losing to Manchester United with the trash team they have. What could they possibly expect.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
The only way to replace top players is to spend it on 2 or 3, we know that from experience. Instead they bought 9 first team players. Their squad is awful now.

Yeah, to an extent. I think they just bought crap. Two or three of them are ok, but none are studs. They needed to buy two or three parts and build gradually. Too much change at once meant they couldn’t adjust and get some type of system and familiarity going. You can afford to bring in a couple of players if you’re not changing out the whole side at once.

It’s like they went out and said let’s buy 9 guys who will get us to 8th.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Lol booing after losing to Manchester United with the trash team they have. What could they possibly expect.
I mean, I don’t know that United is great. I’m obviously biased, but it’s not like United have been blowing the doors off of teams. Heck, they hadn’t won in four matches. But some of that is also the spend this summer and the idea that Everton was going to move into the top 5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad