PL - Round 15

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Well at least West Ham fans got to feel good for 55 minutes or so.

And really a 1 goal loss is basically a win for them at this point.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
In other news, if you're West Ham, you have to think hard about starting Adrian from here on, don't you? He's been excellent today.
As much as I agree with you, it's never going to happen. Which is a shame, because Adrian's the better keeper.

And really a 1 goal loss is basically a win for them at this point.
Well, zero points won't help at all.
To be fair, the Hammers played solid football and were well prepared by Moysy, that's at least a positive thing from this game.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Well, zero points won't help at all.
To be fair, the Hammers played solid football and were well prepared by Moysy, that's at least a positive thing from this game.

Sure but their chances of getting points this game was basically zero. At least they showed some fight and dare I say so skill as well.

I guess if you are in a relegation battle (especially after thinking you would be top 10 at least) that there are no moral victories but after the run they had been on at least this game may show that they will be able to fight out of the drop zone.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Pep's City is a joy to watch... hope they can do well in the knockout rounds of UCL. De Bruyne is a beauty, what an assist.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Sure but their chances of getting points this game was basically zero. At least they showed some fight and dare I say so skill as well.

I guess if you are in a relegation battle (especially after thinking you would be top 10 at least) that there are no moral victories but after the run they had been on at least this game may show that they will be able to fight out of the drop zone.
Most fellow Hammers didn't believe in a Top 10 finish before the season, not after Bilic's "no tactic at all" football last year. Now we are where we are, tonights game gave me at least hope this team's able to fight relegation 'til the end.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I feel that a new "tier" of the Premier league is getting solidified. People often talk about the top six, with Everton being #7, and then there's teams below them that are mostly rather unpredictable. But right now i feel like the likes of Watford, Leicester and Southampton are creating their own "Mid-table" tier. I'd expect Newcastle to be a part of it sooner or later too. I still have many questionmarks regarding Burnley but maybe they can join it too. Could Everton sink down to this tier? Possibly, who knows.

I think it's interesting and all, but I really hope that the Premier League doesn't turn into the next Serie A sooner or later, where promoted teams have a very hard time not getting relegated immediately.

Last edited:

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Adrian has had his share of ups and downs but he had a great game against City. It will be hard for Moyes to pop Hart back between the sticks this weekend. Joe is not a keeper that his going to bail his team out and Ham need someone to give them a chance to win. I have always considered them a premier league team and it would be a crime if they go down for a 3rd time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad